How many hours

Options
Quick question...

How many hours per week do you exercise and what exactly is recommended? I have been aiming for 4-5 hours per week. Is this enough? I can't see myself doing any more then this due to time constraints. Thanks!!! :smile:

Replies

9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    I do 45 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week and 30 minutes of strength training 5-6 days a week. I only go to excercise when I go to work. My days off is just that my days off.
  • Alligatorshirts
    Options
    1 hour a day 4-5 days per week would be plenty. Try to remember to change up your workouts a bit, as your body can get used to the workout schedule over time.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Not that much - around 4 hours a week, unless i add a leisure activity into the mix.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I exercise 5 times a week which I do 30 - 45 min cardio then an hour of strength training. Mix up your workouts so you aren't working on the same muscles.
  • biochemnrd
    Options
    I do about 6 hours all together. An hour each day from Monday - Saturday. Mon, Wed, Fri consist of strenth training and the others are cardio.

I'm not sure what you are supposed to do but that's my schedule.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Geez..I guess I do a little more than the average here
    I would say probably 7-8 hrs a week (work out 6 days a week)

I'm a SAHM to a 4/5 yr old with a treadmill, weights and lots of DVD's at home

Kim
  • Rebeccamur
    Options
    I go for at least an hour brisk walk everyday, its good for the mind too. Its slow burning so results are seen slower than a gym but it costs nothing and no matter how tired you are after or before work I treat it like its my time [Plus for me its been much easier to maintain, its enjoyable as opposed to a chore. If your not used to walking just start with 30 mins 4 times a week. Any
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If I push myself I can get away with 2.5 hours a week which includes 3 HIIT training sessions a week the 20-30 min of strength training 3 times a week. But I have been lazy and I have to do an hour of low- moderate impact everyday.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    its reccomended to do at least 30 3-4 times a week so you should be good
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    I excercise Mon-Fri 50 mins each time, then i take the weekends off. I'm crazy busy on the weekends though, lots of running around ect
  • nrepley
    nrepley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I have been walking 30 minutes 2-3 times per week, then I also do the National Body Challenge with Gilad--these workouts range from 25-40 minutes per day, six days a week. Thanks again for the input!!!! :happy: