What Is My Body Type?

Options
Forgive me because I am wearing a tight shirt. Kinda gross. But anywho I have never been able to tell what body shape I have. Like hourglass, Pear, Apple, and whatever else there may be. I think there are more than 3 types. But anywho, what do ya'll think I am closest to? I feel like I am just straight up and down with no shape. ):

Well, for the first picture you may have to go to the direct link. I think the photo is too big. http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p629/Heagler870/DSC_1420.jpg

DSC_1420.jpg

DSC_1422.jpg

Replies

• Nelliebird1430
    Options
    It's hard to tell with the front, there are a lot of "What size am I?" type things on the internet you might want to try to look at. Here's one I found that take your measurements, so it's prob going to give you a good idea!

http://www.shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape.html

Hope this helps! Good Luck! :)
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Unfortunately it says that my body type is unavailable! ): Go figure, and there are 8 types apparently! Crazy
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I would say you look like an apple, i.e you have more weight in your chest and stomach than in your legs and bum :) I am the opposite, Pear pear pear :)
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Apple even though ur legs are thick they look muscular (not in a manly way) but u look like me tend to gain weight all over but mainly on the gut :) carbs need to be monitored the white stuff is horrible stick to healthy carbs :)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I would say you look like an apple, i.e you have more weight in your chest and stomach than in your legs and bum :) I am the opposite, Pear pear pear :)

I agree and I think being an apple would be nice. I lose from my stomach easy but oh man my thighs are holding on Neil the bitter end!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    There is actually a fourth type, banana or ruler I think they call it. It is a shape with little difference between the three measurement spots.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    i would go for apple as well. Do you feel bigger on your top then bottom? I am the opposite so I am a pear. I think hourglass come is at the waiste and rectangle doesn't change. That is all i know thouhg...
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Apple, like me! Lots and lots of water and exercises that rip your waist and sides apart like oblique twists and side jacks :)
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just the red shirt, but I think apple? I also see great potential for an hourglass figure :)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm going to forgo that comment you made about being "gross" because you should have more confidence in yourself to say that about yourself. Anyways, I'll say Apple for sure. In the end, it doesn't matter. You're going to eat right, exercise, and develop yourself on the outside to be the person that's on the inside (unless the inside is ugly, lol). Good luck!
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do carry most of my weight in my gut. Typically The fat from my legs is the first to come off
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, although mine gets more complicated. Even without any real weight change, in the span of a month I'm an apple, an hourglass, a rectangle, and occassionly slightly pearish. No wonder i can't get clothes that fit me properly. I had lost probably at least ten pounds (no scale then) last year and while losing it I kept changing shapes.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I think that for most overweight people the default shape is apple (unless you're super lucky and have awesome genes that give you an hourglass shape). Once you lose a bit of weight your shape becomes a bit more defined. I was convinced I was an apple for ages, but once I dropped quite a bit of weight I did that shape calculator and it turns out I'm actually a pear! :tongue:
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ^ yup apple you might have to do ab work a lot I do it almost daily n lots of cardio too the good thing is apple bodies usually lose the gut faster than pears trimming layers off their thighs supposedly gut fat n leg fat is different but either way ur gonna feel amazing n become healthy so no yuck or gross comments about ur body ur beautiful ...u can do anything work hard it's worth it :smile:
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Banana would be my guess.
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would say apple ....we all have issue with our body types.I could never be an apple, dont have the boobs for that, but do have the butt and hips for a pear shape.