Gym Costs?

Options
karamae
karamae Posts: 136 Member
Just curious...how much do you all pay for the gym each month? We live in a smaller town and don't have a Bally's or any other popular gym that give good promo deals. We do have some smaller ones and an athletic club which all seem to be pretty expensve (about $45/mo). Just curious what you all pay. :) Thanks!

Replies

• cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I pay $14.99 a month. My initiation fee however, was $199 at Bally's
  • mdpgap
    mdpgap Posts: 8
    Options
    I am paying $42 a month at Curves. I joined during a promotion and avoided a set up fee.
  • shaleah77
    Options
    I pay a whopping $10.83 a month! :laugh: Planet Fitness

**29.99 annual fee
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    24 hour fitness cost me $24.99 a month
  • shelleysdolphins
    Options
    I have a YMCA and for a family package it is $47/month.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    i go to LA fitness for $40 per month, i didn't pay initiation fee though
  • Time2GetFit
    Options
    Hmm, I know I pay way too much now but the amenities at Lifetime Fitness are amazing. It's not just a gym. There's a pool, indoor and outdoor, steamrooms, saunas, hottubs, showers, lockers, towel service (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shave cream, even Q-tips) but most importantly a childcare center that my kids love. That being said and also being about 25 miles outside of NYC, I pay 117/month for me and both my kids. It's a bit high but until my youngest is in school full day, I can't avoid it.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    We pay $71 for a family membership (6 of us) at the YMCA. This includes free playroom/daycare for 1-11 yr olds, sauna, steam room, whirlpool, indoor pool, racketball, outdoor track + playground and massive indoor gym. They have men's, women's, and family locker rooms with lounges, TV's, showers, and hairdryers. There is a room with ping pong/table games and an internet room with free computer usage. It is 2 miles from my house and rocks my world.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I pay 45 month but that includes my daycare.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Right now I am paying $15 a month at local park district (actually I am not paying anything because they never did set up the EFT properly, but $15 is what I SHOULD be paying).

The fitness center is not all that great, but it gets the job done for now. Before I lost my job, I belonged to a large hospital wellness facility (Edward Hospital Seven Bridges) which was about $115/month for my wife and I. That's pricey, but about the going rate in the Chicago area for this type of facility.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was talking to my trainer and she said to ask if they have any adjusted days.

The gym I go to has a 3 day a week set up for cheaper.......you can only go 3x wk.........but no other restrictions.

Maybe your gym will have that too?
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i go to a gym that is in a hotel, has everything including 2 pools. for $200 a year. awesome deal. the best part you dont always see the same people, so the scenery is always changing :laugh:
  • mjkon
    mjkon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I pay $28 a month at Fitness First, and my son goes to Washington Sport and Health for $80 a month. They do have a pool, racquetball and basketball courts, and towel service, which my gym doesn't have, but I wouldn't use those features anyway.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I pay $15 a month at the hospital I work at. No start up fees or committments.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I live in a fairly small town: just over 20,000 people. My husband and I have a family membership to the local racket club which includes beautiful tennis courts, gorgeous outside pools, hot tub, three rooms of strength training and cardio machines, a spin room, and a room for classes. It also has a section for manicures/pedicures and massage (you have to pay for that). All classes are free except for the Pilates that uses the Pilates machine. There is also a health bar (you also have to pay for that) and a rec room where you can hang out. Of course, there is also the locker rooms with the standard stuff.

Most of the people who come here are middle class workers. There is a private rec/golf club just outside of town where I imagine most of the upper classes go to. I like our gym because it's family oriented, and not a franchise. And I go enough that both the personel and other members recognize me. It's like a community, somewhat like here at MFP. We pay $55.00 a month. I have considered not being a member, but I get so much out of this club that I've found ways to save in other places. For example, I never buy coffee outside of home. And since I love good coffee, I learned to roast it myself. The money I saved on coffee alone has paid for the membership multiple times over.
  • SpiveyMay
    SpiveyMay Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just curious...how much do you all pay for the gym each month? We live in a smaller town and don't have a Bally's or any other popular gym that give good promo deals. We do have some smaller ones and an athletic club which all seem to be pretty expensve (about $45/mo). Just curious what you all pay. :) Thanks!

I feel your pain, we live in a small rural town also (population 5000). Our gym membership is $40 for an individual and $60 for a couple. It is nothing special, just a gym. It does have daycare, but only for one hour a day and only during the week.
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    Geeeeeeez, I'm suddenly feeling gypped by our YMCA! We pay $91/month for a family of three. They do have a daycare facility, but it doesn't operate the hours we need it, and we have to pay extra for it ($2.50/hr which isn't much, but still!)

Hrmph. . . :grumble:

At least all the classes are included in that price. . . time to take some more to get my $$$ worth!
  • pudgy06
    pudgy06 Posts: 3
    Options
    I pay $50 per month for 4. It's a local gym, no Bally's, but it has a pool, classes and daycare.
  • twilight1542
    Options
    I pay 80 per mth for Club One & have access to all their gyms in my region. The amenities vary from club to club & include indoor/outdoor pools, spa, steam room, sauna, nice locker rooms, salon quality toiletries, towel service, daycare, pilates & spinning studios, tons of classes, personal training, individual tv's on the machines, etc. The convienance of multiple locations is a neccessity 4 me because my job involves a lot of driving & I've never had to wait for a machine. So I don't mind the fee.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    $25 Fitness fantanix, lots of weights and aerobic machines.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!