Stonefire Naan Flatbreads

Options
mmccror1
mmccror1 Posts: 3 Member
Anyone tried these? I was trying to find an alternative to pizza crust and happened across these at Kroger. They had regular and garlic, so I picked up the garlic. 1/4 of it is 190 cals. I put on some of Earth Fare's low fat marinara and mozzarella and it was delicious! I love pizza, so I think this is an awesome alternative. Anyone else have any recipes for these?

Replies

• KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried these? I was trying to find an alternative to pizza crust and happened across these at Kroger. They had regular and garlic, so I picked up the garlic. 1/4 of it is 190 cals. I put on some of Earth Fare's low fat marinara and mozzarella and it was delicious! I love pizza, so I think this is an awesome alternative. Anyone else have any recipes for these?

Every Stonefire naan I've bought, is 1/2 of the piece is a serving, not 1/4. The 190 calories sounds about right for a half, from what I remember.

I've tried the regular and garlic. I prefer the regular so that I can add my own fresh garlic to it. The garlic ones are okay, though. We make a lot of Indian dishes, and used to love using those (my boyfriend makes homemade naan now, usually, but we still occasionally use the Stonefire ones for quick fixes).

They're also good for sandwiches. :happy:
  • mmccror1
    mmccror1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    By 1/4, I meant 1/4 of the package. Is it hard to make?
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Oh! That's weird...I've never seen them packaged that way before. I've only ever seen them come in packs of 2, or packs of 8 at GFS. They label a serving as "1/2 naan."

I've personally never made it, my boyfriend is the one who makes it. It takes him a long time to make, I do know that!