Back on the wagon!!!

:bigsmile: Hi! My name is Katie, I just graduated from nursing school 2.5 weeks ago and boy was I bad! I gained almost 30 pounds and I am totally out of shape. I started jogging/speed walking 4 days ago and I have to admit, this coming from someone who thought runnng was boring, I actually love it! I look forward to getting up in the morning and getting out on the trail and heading out, I do 2 miles out and then back 2 miles. It takes me about 48 minutes, I am hoping to get a much better time by the fall as I have signed up for a 5K :huh: I figure even if I finish last, as long as I finish, I will have completed what I set out to accomplish. So I am looking for others who are feeling lumpy and lazy who would love to support each other through this tough, yet rewarding journey!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    HI Katie, I'm new here too and need a few friends with the same goals. Feel free to add me if you like. I'm not a runner but love to hike hills. I work in healthcare and have a very sedentary job in imaging which isn't helping me much. Good luck! At least we're back on the wagon and not watching it leave:)