Ate too much today!

Options
Well, I haven't had the best week this week in terms of diet and exercise and today I ate too much, but I'm not going to really beat myself up about it. It was my first week back to work this week (I teach 8th grade), so that was challenging. I've been really bloated for the last 3 days too...not sure what that is about because I drink at least 2 liters a water a day and it's not that time of the month.

My goal starting tomorrow is to get up and exercise first thing in the AM so I have my afternoons/evenings free.

I was supposed to weigh this morning but I didn't want to. I will on Monday.

Replies

• riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Try planning your meals in advance and prepackage the items you can. Sounds like you already know what you need to do, so just do it. Weight loss isn't a race, its a marathon.
  • casamelsmom
    Options
    Don't worry too much. I did the same thing on Wed. when we had a party at work. TOO many carbs! I gained 3 lbs, but I know they will come off in a few days..... It just puts your goal a week behind. Terrible! Just keep taking it one day at a time.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    That's what you gotta do- get up and brush yourself off. :smile:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher I understand. I didn't touch the donuts. You will get back on track
  • pamb44
    pamb44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I did too! my weakness is unsalted teddie peanutbutter extra chunky and mcclures clover honey on top of a chocolate crisp rice cake! Just can stop eating....sooooo JenJ I will tell you that doing cardio in the morning is going to be a savior for you, because if you do slip up and eat a bit too much, or not what you planned you have that am cardio to fall back on. And the bonus is if you do eat clean that day plus do cardio in the evening.. those extra lbs will just melt away...kinda like my clover honey in this summer heat! yikes :smile: Keep up the good work:bigsmile:
  • lzhoehl
    lzhoehl Posts: 4
    Options
    I can identify. I blew it for 5 days straight while visiting my parents out of state. The circumstances were extraordinarily stressful. I know that I put on weight and resolved not to step on the scale until I'd had at least an equal amount of time in the realm of good eating behavior. I weighed myself yesterday and saw that, at the very least, I undid the damage done during that way-off week. I tell myself that it's just not an option to give up. I agree with the prior advice to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Maybe see if there were any good lessons to take away from the experience.
    Hang in there!
  • jenj1983
    jenj1983 Posts: 30
    Options
    Yep! I just have to get up and brush myself off! That's really all I can do. I'm not going to stress about it or beat myself up about it too much because I knew going into this, that I'd have days like today. So, tomorrow is a new day and things will be fine. On a good note, I had an excellent start to my school year and it was one of the best weeks I've ever had with students! Also, I worked out some long standing issues with my mom and got some things off my chest so it was a good week emotionally! I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my wonderful husband and my dogs and cats :-)