Joining the lose the baby weight club.....again.

Options
Hello all! I am 33 years old and just had my second baby 12 weeks ago. Now I am seriously ready to lose the baby weight. Funny most of the weight is in my legs. I had a failed VBAC so I also worried about not losing "the pouch." BUT I did it last time and I can do it again. Started running with the double stroller and shooting for a 10K in 13 weeks. I'm not looking to be a model I just want to wear shorts and be comfortable. I don't know how the "friends" part works for this site, so if anyone is up for some support and vis-versa, friend me.

Replies

• pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! Just one thing - keep in mind that you are more injury prone for the first year post-partum. I learned that lesson the hard way when I decided to start working out with light weights about 16 weeks PP. I used to lift HEAVY and ended up injuring myself and in physical therapy from some measly 5-8 lb weights. so just start slow and build up. Feel free to add me! My kid is 20 months now.
  • sarahannemacgillivray
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I just had huge twins. They're 6 months now. I gained 100 pounds during pregnancy and I'm joining the loose the baby weight club too. My ab muscles still haven't come back together yet, so I don't how excersize is going to go, we'll see. Good luck to the two of you. I hope you meet your goals.
  • ALBradley12
    Options
    Hello,

I need to lose my baby weight as well. I gained 32lbs during my pregnancy. My son is 8 months old and I recently quit smoking so I want to lose to feel better about myself and continue to get healthy.

Congrats on the twins. That is insane. You look amazing in your picture.

I am just concerned about not having time to go to the gym. I have to try and work out in my apartment with my son playing, or napping. But I will be going for walks with him.

Good luck to everyone. Add me and we can help keep one another motivated.