Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you do when you don't feel like eating.

What do you do when you don't feel like eating but haven't gotten your calories in? I wasn't SUPER short on calories but should have eaten maybe 200 more.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,289 Member
    I seriously wouldn't stress over 200 calories, fer shure.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I ALWAYS feel like eating. So, I'm not much help. I wouldn't worry about being 200 under just one day, but if you are always short on calories you could sneak in a few calorie dense foods throughout your day. Cook your veggies in a T of olive oil, have a banana with peanut butter, make a fruit/milk/yogurt/protein smoothie or something along those lines, have a glass of milk before bed, a handful of nuts as a snack, Greek yogurt with granola, switch to full fat cheese or salad dressing, add avocado to your sandwich, all of these things add a calorie punch without being too dense.
  • Amisha136
    Amisha136 Posts: 38 Member
    a spoonful of peanut butter! or a milkshake made with almond milk and sun warrior rice protein powder.
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    yeah, that's never happened to me. I'd just go with it!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    i just don't eat.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    thanks, kind of new to MFP after doing weight watchers for over a year I always felt like I didn't have enough points but now I am not meeting my calorie minimum some days Not sure if it's summer or amping up my exercise which I kind of thought would make me more hungry but it has had the opposite effect.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    I can't think of a time when that happened. :-) How about a spoon of peanut butter or a banana?
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    I try to force it down, but if i cant, no biggie. I'm like this often.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. It doesn't make sense to me to eat when I'm not hungry. It doesn't happen that often. But usually in the summer, in the evening. Just not feeling like dinner. I either skip it or have something light like a poached egg or a protein shake.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    A protein shake is my go to...
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    I've started a collection for uneaten calories. Just place them in the basket and I'll spend them on cookies. No, no. Don't thank me. I just love to help!

If you have trouble hitting your daily goals then try looking at your total on a weekly basis instead. If you're way under each week then trying to get a few calorie dense meals in on a regular basis would help. Possibly just a little more of what you normally eat could help, a slightly larger serving. Maybe here and there you have a hungry day. You could eat a bit more when those days roll around if you find you're consistently under each week.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    I listen to my body. It knows me better than MFP or any other caloric goal-setter.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    thanks, kind of new to MFP after doing weight watchers for over a year I always felt like I didn't have enough points but now I am not meeting my calorie minimum some days Not sure if it's summer or amping up my exercise which I kind of thought would make me more hungry but it has had the opposite effect.

Since exercising so much I am also way less hungry, its been a real issue for me to eat all of my calories, I often have 500-900 left :/ However I am adding apples and peanut butter, protein shakes, and other low sodium high calorie, high protien stuff throughout the day to reduce my leftover cals. Hope that helps!
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    What do you do when you don't feel like eating but haven't gotten your calories in? I wasn't SUPER short on calories but should have eaten maybe 200 more.

I would still eat. Its good for your metabolism and you dont want to put your body into starvation mode.
  • Im also way under, 656 under :(