Options
Aprill20
Aprill20 Posts: 48 Member
I DID IT! I DID IT!

SW: 194.4 (January 30, 2012)
GW: 150
CW: 146.4

48 pounds LOST forever!

I was one of those kids who was ALWAYS teased for my weight but not because I was overweight but because I was underweight. It was terrible – I used to beg my parents to take me to the doctor to be put on weight gain medicine or something because I was sick of being told I was anorexic. Everyone told me I should be thankful for my fast metabolism and between the ages of 18-21, I was very happy with it and my body, once I grew into my height of 5’11.

After 21, I guess my metabolism decided to take a hike and after 21 years of being able to eat anything and everything I wanted, I VERY slowly packed on the pounds and at first I welcomed it – the extra curves and the bigger boobs but then I just wasn’t happy with myself anymore even though my height and clothes could hide my weight very well – I wasn’t happy.

I then got pregnant shortly after getting married in 2007 and my weight didn’t bother me so much. I loved having the BIG HUGE belly until I delivered my 10.5 pound baby girl in July 2008 and was left with a jelly belly covered in stretch marks. YUCK! I didn’t put a lot of emphasis on losing weight then as I knew my hubby and I wanted another baby and my thoughts were “why work my butt off to gain the weight right back”. Fast forward to March 2010 when my baby boy was born and my stomach was just floppy. I wanted to lose weight and did try for a short time but just wasn’t dedicated to it and just kept falling off the wagon.

This past January – my hubby and I made a pact to do it right this time and finally lose this weight we kept talking about. I started MFP and P90x on January 30, 2012 and started seeing results right away which made me want to stick with it. I did 7 weeks of P90x before life got crazy, busy and I just couldn’t seem to find the time for it but I kept right on using MFP. I started walking/running with my neighbor ladies in April and in May started taking spinning classes at the gym with my neighbor and am hooked at the gym now. I find myself addicted to eating healthy and working out. Now don’t get me wrong – I do have a cheat day at least once a week but I am finding my cheat days aren’t so bad anymore as I have changed my lifestyle that it is what I want to do. Now, of course the alcohol is really where the cheating comes in…LOL! I can’t stress enough how important it is to drink your water!!! I really feel this was a big contributor to my weight loss.

I exceeded my goal weight on Friday, June 8th and hit 149.8 and decided that I wanted to have some fluctuation room and would get down to 145 and then maintain. My plan is to continue eating well (upping my calories now to maintain – which I am nervous about) and continue toning my body.

I thought for sure I would need a tummy tuck to get rid of my excess skin in my belly causing an overhang and the stretchmarks looking like an 80 year old woman’s wrinkles but the gym seems to be actually causing it to get firm and my overhang is not nearly as noticeable.

know this is long and I hope I didn’t bore you too much but I really wanted to share my success story as the other success stories on here have motivated me so much.

YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 2011
MikieAprillJune2011.jpg

October 2011
Halloween2011.jpg

April 2012
30th.jpg

June 9, 2012
MikieAprillJune2012.jpg

Replies

• BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Great job!
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    your smile gets bigger with each picture and i just love your hair. you are beautiful! congrats, so glad we are friends on here... you are inspiring!
  • katelynnmagdalena
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!! That's around the weight I hope to get to, and we're about the same height. Hopefully my body resembles yours when I get to my goal :)
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

Is that a pack of cigarettes?
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well done, and congrats!!!
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Wow! Great Job. I love the last one with your husband. He looks so pleased with himself. Like "Yeah I tap that"
  • musicalshadow00
    musicalshadow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Thank you for being an inspiration!
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!!! And I love your new blonde hair!!!
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job & congrats on your transformation! WOW, you inspire the rest of us to keep going:)
  • jlm_getfit
    jlm_getfit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

Is that a pack of cigarettes?

Yes, you do look amazing... But what is with the cigs???
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look wonderful! And it looks like your husband lost with you! Great job! You and the other fit moms on here are really inspiring!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I love that your smile is bigger with each pic!! Rightly so...you are gorgeous!! BTW... love your shoes in the last pic! Sorry...shoe addict!
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Very very very inspiring you both look fantastic!! My goals are very similar to yours, and we are the same height.. Fingers crossed I get there and look as good as you when I do!!! WELL DONE!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great work, both of you!
  • Saraskinny26
    Saraskinny26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • MoreneK
    MoreneK Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow! Really truly inspiring! You look so great and I hope someday to be right where you are. (well sort of...except switch your husband for my husband...ok now this is awkward lol) GREAT JOB!!
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Congratulations and it is good to hear that the overhang isn't nearly so bad...that is one of my huge fears, that it won't go away
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job to you- you look great! Your husband looks good, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!