VENTING -- Too many carbs, not enough protein

Options
PinkDog
PinkDog Posts: 68 Member
UGHHHHH! It is so hard to stay within all the right limits. I always am over carb, under protein!

And when I try to add more protein, the sodium jumps up! (I am only to have 1500mgs per day!)

I only eat a limited number of processed foods and it is such a challenge! Sigh....

Just a message for anyone out there who is frustrated too and now you know you're not alone!

---PinkDog

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You're never going to hit all of your recommended values right on the nose every day, but it is frustrating! I planned my food out in advance today, and I still couldn't hit them all.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    You're never going to hit all of your recommended values right on the nose every day, but it is frustrating! I planned my food out in advance today, and I still couldn't hit them all.

DITTO
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • biochemnrd
    Options
    I recommend using some whey protein. I had issues in the past but now I'm great.

Some people don't like using it and I totally understand but it's really beneficial to people who need proteins (ie. people who don't eat much meat). :wink:

Be careful though. Try not to get anything with too many carbs. I've tried a few different types but I'm broke now and I buy the cheap Wal-Mart stuff. It gets the job done though.