Emotional eater did not cave in today

Options
emom3boys
emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
I'm an emotional eater and a stress eater. Today my husband had surgery and was admitted into the hospital, and instead of grabbing the junk food I really wanted to pass the time with in the waiting room/cafeteria, I walked around the hospital and took the stairs up and down for 6 hours. I love the fact that for once I had will power in a stressful situation and I have nothing to be ashamed about.

Replies

• mzrosiie
    mzrosiie Posts: 2
    Options
    Good job. Dont give up...
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So proud of u! Hope ur hubby is ok xoxoxo god bless
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You did well! As a fellow emotional eater, I know how difficult it can be to not eat when life throws lemons at us. Well done!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! Really, it's hard to be strong against "food temptations" when you're extra stressed, or have an "excuse", so be proud of yourself!~And don't forget this feeling of SUCCESS! :)
  • workingitout2012
    Options
    What an amazing victory! Emotional eating is so hard to overcome and you've fought the battle in one of the most stressful situations I can think of. Well done to you :) dont give up!
  • cheeseaholic1
    Options
    Isn't it great that feeling of accomplishment! So proud of you! Keep that way! :flowerforyou:
    Wishes of quick recovery to your husband.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I m So proud of you! Best of luck to your husband too. Stay strong.
  • ladysteelhead
    ladysteelhead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! Today, you turned your stress and anxiety into motivation. You should be very proud of yourself!! As someone who also struggles with overeating for comfort, I commend you :)
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    This is a huge accomplishment and I'm f*cking proud of you.
  • melbaby701
    melbaby701 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job I know how hrd that is. I to am an emotional eater
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Great job! Remember, it only takes 3 weeks to break an old habit and create a new one! Sounds like you are well on your way! :)
  • Erin70CA
    Erin70CA Posts: 85
    Options
    Great job!!! I am an emotional eater as well. Hope your husband is on the mend. : )
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi 5!
    Hope your hubby will be alright.
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Hubby was discharged this morning after spending the night under observation after his surgery. So far I seem to be running in 5 different directions between taking care of him (helping him sit up, stand up, walk, sit down, lay down, etc.) , our 3 kids, and our puppy... everyone seems to need me all at the same time. Hope it gets a little easier fast!
  • mokab
    mokab Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that hubby is home. And a standing ovation for not caving into eating. I am such an emotional eater. I eat when I am bored, when I am stressed, tired... I can find a reason.
    Your post was motivating . Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!