People's obsession with ICP.

megmay2591
megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
There are a some music groups and types that I can't understand why people like so much. Obviously, people have their own opinions but I just don't see what's so great about the band ICP (Insane Clown Posse). I've heard their songs throughout the years and I've never been particularly impressed with them. (I ask because I saw a few of my co-workers with the axe man tattoo.)

So, why do you or people like this band?

Replies

• 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    There are a some music groups and types that I can't understand why people like so much. Obviously, people have their own opinions but I just don't see what's so great about the band ICP (Insane Clown Posse). I've heard their songs throughout the years and I've never been particularly impressed with them. (I ask because I saw a few of my co-workers with the axe man tattoo.)

So, why do you or people like this band?

for shock value....well some are. to some its an actual lifestyle. sadly i even know a few songs...

give me country, rock, and southern rock and ill be happy.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Gross is ICP still around? I remember them from about 12 years ago, and I didn't like them then.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    I've never really been into them. I like only one of their songs. I have a friend who is a hardcore fan. Goes to their shows and some kind of thing they host once a year. They paint their faces up and they go all out. I just don't see it.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Yeah... You got me. *shrugs*
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    arent their followers called like jiggalows or jugalows or somethng like that. to each his/her own i guess
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Have heard of them, but don't know that I've actually listened to anything of their songs. Might hit up grooveshark for at least a sample.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Lmao I'm not sure if it was SNL or MadTv who made a sketch out of them but it was hella funny!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    ha - forgot about these, used to have a few albums when I was younger - think I liked them coz they were amusing, or at least I thought their songs were -have to find some on spotify to have a listen again :)
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    I don't actually think I've ever heard one of their songs but I have a phobia of clowns so I'm not a fan haha.
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Its 2012, people still care about them?
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    I like them. I first heard them when I was 15 and loved it. Im a horror fan and a music fan so something that mixed the two was great. I was a huge fan at that age and it was brilliant! It was a sense of belonging too.. I met loads of friends and had a fantastic time. As I live in the UK I have only had the opportunity to see them live once and I still consider that one of the most fun day/nights of my life.

The other time I was supposed to see them the venue cancelled on the day. Everybody still turned up and ended up in a street party in which Violent J of the duo actually came down to see us. What other band/fans would do that?

I have the hatchetman tattoo and although I'm not quite the die hard juggalette I was in my younger days I dont regret it and it was a great time. Still listen to them, twiztid and the rest but not as much as to be honest its not quite the songs I would like my two year old daughter singing along to quite yet!

Why does anyone like anything? I cant understand why anyone likes techno. But they do...
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    There is nothing great about that band, in my opinion.

I don't care what other people's interests in music are, because it's their own interest and it's not interfering with my interest.

Does it really matter why people like them? Unless you have a lot of time on your hands to sit here and think about it all day.
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    I have to confess , i have never heard of them , would they be well known in the USA and not England ?!! will have to go and google now.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    The same thing could be said about anyone who likes rap, country, speed metal or Lady Gag Gag! Personal preference.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    So you aren't a Juggalo then? Me neither.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    I'm not obsessed with ICP but I do like their songs.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 567 Member
    They can be crass, but I actually kind of like em :flowerforyou:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    Not a fan myself, but to each their own...unless you like Nickleback, then I look down on you.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    To each their own. I don't understand how people can like country or rap music but hey, we all have our likes and dislikes.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I first fell in love with ICP because they were different. I was 13, I was an outcast, and they called to me. I fell in love with them because of the message inside their lyrics. Wrapped in all that horror core is a positive message, about staying strong, about the goodness of God, about the terribleness of wife beaters and drug addicts..... So it pulls in the troubled youth only to bring them to light. Sounds crazy but thats what they do. They bring the fans together with a sense of family and love, kinda similar to the grateful dead hippie fans.

It's not for everyone. Alot of their songs are just for fun and is some pretty crazy *kitten*. But not everything in life has to be serious. And it's way better than the "you're my hoe i wanna *kitten* you so bad look at my rims and my chains" rap songs out there noone seems to have an issue with.

That and Shaggs and Monoxide Child are mad sexy. :)