Anyone else in the 40 year-old range?

Options
I've been using MFP for a while now and don't have any friends for encouragement. I am 40/f, 5'4", currently around 154. My goal weight is 130-135. I've been doing low-carb for a while now. Just recently started a keto diet. I've kind of hit a plateau and need to work through it. Hopefully a little advice from fellow fitness pal users will help. :smile:

Replies

• jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Hi, if you have an open diary, add me...I`m do LC Eating...(95% of the time)
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 y/o, & in need of friends too! That sounds a little pathetic doesn't it?:smile:
    Please feel free to add me.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    40+ with 23 pounds to go....I hit a brick wall about a week 1/2 ago. Add me if you like--Open Diary/Closed Diary,it really doesn't matter...mine is closed but I blog a lot about why... :)
  • magneticreikipaul
    magneticreikipaul Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i'm 47 only add me if you have an open diary
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, 5ft 4in and I have lost 40 pounds - feel free to add me for support:)
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 45 years old (will be turning 46 in a couple of weeks). I am 5'6" and currently weigh 148. My goal is to be between 130-140. I have been kind of stuck to. Mainly because I am not working out as hard.But, I am almost at my goal weight. My biggest issue is my stomach.
    Feel free to add me!
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP as a tool but have been discovering it's nice to have friends on here too!
    I'll be 42 sooner rather then later :laugh:
  • superstankazz
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I'm also doing keto/Atkins and 5'4" too. I can always use more low carb support:) My diary is open to my friends.
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    me
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    You mean people over 40 have to lose weight too????? lol just joking....

Of course they do....so do I and I'm 44 :-) I'm 5'4" and have 40-50-60 pounds to lose (I'll take what I can get lol). I joke about that because I have literally heard people say "your married and over 40, why do you need to worry about that"? Well, there is still the whole getting healthy thing...

Good luck to you and welcome to MFP!
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    Will be 43 next month.. I have done low carb in the past and could give you some tips, if needed. . To me support is support and it shouldnt matter about the diary.. If you post you need help, I'll be supportive and help you with your problems as best as I can. No judging. If you would like, You can add me. I AM WHO I AM.. I'm just another person trying to better myself and have supportive friends...
  • Marque74
    Marque74 Posts: 60
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find alot of support here. I'm approaching 43 in a few days. I've lost 38.1 pounds since early March. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I'm there too! You can add me if you like.
  • tabithaanne
    Options
    Will be 42 next month (where did the time go???). Want to lose the last 30 pounds. Just started my low carb lifestyle. Add me!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Will be 49 next month, so I'm "almost" out of that range. Currently on maintenance, but I will give support :drinker:
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 and feeling like I'm 20 Whoo Hoo! I lift weights, running, and do my best to eat clean. My diary is open, feel free to add me.
  • korinastern
    Options
    ill be forty in a week have forty more pounds to lose
  • kings5ret
    kings5ret Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm 43 and I retired from the military a little over a year ago. This first year as a civilian has been interesting. The downside has been the 30 lbs I've put on since I don't have to go to gym anymore as part of the daily routine. I thought I'd keep up with going but I found one excuse after another to not go. In the past I've had success with watching my calories so I think this app will be a great help but I'm also looking for the accountability side to and I'm hoping the community aspect will work for me. So please feel free to add me and good luck to all of us.
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and feel like I am 64 but act like I am 24. It's a good day to be alive. My goal is always be able to see at least two of my abs muscles. :happy:
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    feel free to add me. :)