I have a problem

Options
13»

Replies

• kneasles
    kneasles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yea i get that whole smaller plate thing but once i was at my mums, dishing out my dinner on my smaller plate feeling all good about myself then my mum said "i wish you would just use a normal plate, one of these days your food is going to fall off the plate"
    i didn't get what she meant until i looked at my plate and realized i was still piling it up! i transferred it to a bigger plate and saw that it was still a big portion just more compact, lmao! so that didnt work :ohwell:

it was a really funny moment though, she was genuinely looking at me like im insane and i was genuinely thinking i was doing really well, i have a hard time judging portion size!

Funny! I'm new to this so I use measuring cups til I get a good feel for portion size. This was an eye opener for me.
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    yea i get that whole smaller plate thing but once i was at my mums, dishing out my dinner on my smaller plate feeling all good about myself then my mum said "i wish you would just use a normal plate, one of these days your food is going to fall off the plate"
    i didn't get what she meant until i looked at my plate and realized i was still piling it up! i transferred it to a bigger plate and saw that it was still a big portion just more compact, lmao! so that didnt work :ohwell:

it was a really funny moment though, she was genuinely looking at me like im insane and i was genuinely thinking i was doing really well, i have a hard time judging portion size!

Funny! I'm new to this so I use measuring cups til I get a good feel for portion size. This was an eye opener for me.

I would add the same thing. Measure, measure, measure! Our portions are so incredibly distorted it's not even funny! I will measure or weigh (small kitchen scale only cost a few dollars and can be a huge eye opener. I eat 1 serving, wait a few minutes and then, if I'm still hungry, will eat some more. But here's another little trick, if you eat more protein, make sure you are eating proportionately more veggies. The veggies will make you feel full initially, then the protein will hold you over (and I bet you'll eat less too!