Feeling down about it all...

Options
Im kinda feeling depressed about eatting well ect to shift this weight. I just keep thinking am I going to have to be like this and watch everything I eat for the rest of my life. Its really taking my heart out of it at the min because when I do get back down im just thinking im going to have to keep at this to maintain it :(

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    You wont be able to go back to the way you were as that is what put the weight on in the first place but you will be able to eat a little more as you will be at maintenance. Personally I am totally comfortable with how I eat as if I want to eat a little more or fancy a glass of wine/ slice of cake i will exercise more. I like exercise so this suits me. This is the best eating plan i have been on in my life and it totally fits my lifestyle. You need to change the way you think, try to focus on what is healthy and tastes good. I feel so much healthier now that I have lost weight and a lot of the health problems I had when i ate unhealthily have now gone i don,t want to go back to that person.
  • nicoleglazer
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way recently!! But then I remember that it is not true, that maintaining is different from losing and all of this is to change your attitude towards food and exercise and become HEALTHY.
    So keep up the amazing work and take heart!! And think, once you reach your goal, you won't want to go back!!
  • alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Everyone is right - maintenance is much easier than losing!
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    take heart in that when you reach your goal you can have the occasionla day off from healthy eating or the odd cheat meal.