My 21st Birthday is on Sunday...

We're going to carrabbas and I already know some low calorie things to order and I already decided to save calories to order a drink...However it's a big birthday and I don't know what to do about cake? I want to follow tradition, Blow out candles ect. but I don't want to ruin my progress. I just started back up this week and lost 4 pounds already so that could be easily undone. So any suggestions? should I get cake and just have a little bit? is there an alternative that won't ruin my progress?

Replies

• Miss_Ever55
    Miss_Ever55 Posts: 14 Member
    4 pounds can't be undone in one night, your only 21 once!!
    But i do understand how you feel , It is rather heartbreaking to see the scale go back up. so this is what I do :

On your birthday -

1. Plan your means out for that day - if you going to be bad for one meal then be extra good for breakfast and lunch!
    2. Try and figure out how many calories your meal is going to be and have control over what cake your getting, try and get one from somewhere that has nutritional info or if you want more control make your own cake ( I have recipes!) - when you know the numbers you can beat them!
    3. try and do a bit more exercise for example if you do a 30 min walk everyday - do a 60!
    4: I don't believe in diet pills but I do believe in vitamins to help boost ones metabolic rate - I am taking Apple Cider and Kelp! I also drink Aspire drinks on days I am having big meals out - they are proven to per 100 calories per can! You can get all these at Holland and Barrett.

Finally, knowing what your eating and the numbers behind it is the best ammo! You won't stick to your weight lost regime in the long run if you don't have the odd slice of cake - it is all about control! Also NEVER weigh yourself the day after!! So bad or the moral! wait a few days before you weight yourself again being extra good in those days!

Anyway I hope this helps! I am here if you ever need more help!