Ladies Only Please

Options

Replies

• krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't even fight it anymore. I let nature take it's course and I unleash the beast! I also have to feed it extra carbs, sodium and something sweet to keep it moderately tamed. :bigsmile:

^^^This. I just cry at commercials, criticize myself, eat extra and be mean to everyone. I got Mirena put in a few months ago and while it has helped with cramps and bleeding, it has my hormones going like constant PMS. I'm moody, depressed and starving all the time! Thankfully I haven't gained any. :-)
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Red meat, salt, carbs and dark chocolate. Followed by cuddling Zen (profile pic). He's a world-class cuddler. His sister is a good cuddler too but Zen just wallows in love. And he's warm on my tummy. I know that I'm being irrational and knowing why helps me keep it under control.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from this. It's like I'm a total different person...I get depressed and cry and then I laugh at myself for being hysterical! Then cry again because I'm bloated like a whale and feel awful doing exercise. Even my bf knows when the dragon lady is coming because I will get annoyed in a blink of an eye...and for what?...because he's just sitting there happily while I'm suffering! LOL :laugh:

Good to hear some suggestions. I will try them ALL.

Oh and I figured out that if I DON'T have ANY caffeine the week before and during it eases the pain and irritability. Maybe it will help some of you. :flowerforyou: We can tame the beast!
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Have you tried giving up dairy and or meat? I got violently *****y before I gave them up.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just curious, but are you on birth control? I had some of these symptoms and my Dr. switched up my prescription. I've felt a lot better for the last couple of months.

Other than that... yeah, chocolate for sure. A nice, hot bubble bath also helps me. Though it is probably all in my head :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Exercise is wonderful for improving your state of mind and dealing with depression from PMS.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    If I stayed away from people every time I felt the urge to be a b!tch, I'd be a very lonely person.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    (sorry, just wanted this to show up on my news feed. lol)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    (sorry, just wanted this to show up on my news feed. lol)
    Now that butt could make all PMS stop!! :blushing:
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    I usually eat unhealthy (like today) and continue with my jogging. I am horrible when I am on it. I hate to be touched, hate my stomach being touched, hate wearing clothes that are clingy, hate pretty much everything (; haven't found anything yet to make me happier while on it.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I just wait it out. Pretty much all I can do.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tae Kwon Do. I get to hit and kick things. And yell. All in an acceptable setting.

Short of that, it helps me to keep reminding myself that it isn't the situation or my kids or husband that are making me angry. It's just chemicals and hormones. So I take a deep breath, lock myself in the bathroom for a few minutes until I regain composure and fake being in a good mood when I come out. After 15 or 20 minutes, I realize I actually AM feeling better. Fake it until you make it.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This pill has helped me some, but truly, I just keep a calendar, know when it's gonna hit, and just say, OK this is why I feel like this, just ride it out, and it will be over soon. But I get so miserable and ugly with the world. Stupid PMS!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    If I stayed away from people every time I felt the urge to be a b!tch, I'd be a very lonely person.

Haha!! True that :laugh:
  • culichi
    culichi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    EXCERSISe sometime helps but I don't think there is anything out there that really help. I feel sorry for my kids, they are the ones paying for my mood swings all the time, I'm a Grumpy mom, and I can't help it
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I take evening primrose oil to help my horrendous PMS. I think it's helped a bit? There's less bodies in the yard lately, anyway.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Tylenol (hormone supressor). Aspirin (blood thinner - helps and don't care why). Exercise. Telling myself I control the monster. It does not control me. Seriously, I repeat it to myself when I start to realize I'm getting really p*ssy.

Good luck!

My tired eyes completely skipped over the period and simply processed "chocolate tylenol". My next thought was, omg - I want some. :laugh:

ETA I think they could be onto something there though - market chocolate tylenol to all the ladies with monster PMS

^^This cracked me up to the point that I just snorted and the water I was drinking flew out of my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i take midol and use it as a learning tool to teach my sons that women can't always be nice quiet and amicable
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    First: I tell my husband. He goes into Doomsday Prepper mode. After that I pretty much just try to get through the next week without making the kids cry, getting fired, engaging in road rage or estranging myself from my husband.

Oh, and I make sure that I have plenty of healthy snacks on hand. I will blow through a box of cookies in 2.2 if I don't.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I get really pissy and self-critical. I cry more for little-to-no reason and I crave chocolate, peanut butter and pickles but not always at the same time, lol. >.<