Jillian michaels protein powder?

Options
2»

Replies

• dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    not sure about the powder, but i did start taking the fat burning pills yesterday she has out :)

You should just give that money to your favorite charity. It'll do more good.
  • pca1202
    pca1202 Posts: 1
    Options
    I personally like the product because, as already stated, it is not sweetened with sucralose or similar. I am VERY sensitive to sucralose and all the splenda/sucralose products and cant eat or drink anything with it in it. That said, the bulk of protein powders have a sucralose sweetener in them. Some still use fructose, but there isnt a huge selection of non-sucralose protein powders.

As far as the amount of protein, yes, it is a comparatively smaller amount per serving, but I usually double the protein powder and drink it in shake form made from scratch with natural ingredients. I can increase the amount of protein i want when I have a good workout or minimize it for a meal supplement on light workouts.

Walmart used to sell the protein powder for $10, Kroger has it for $14, but it looks like Jillians name label has been removed from it recently. I am trying something different atm anyway but thought I would put my 2 cents in....I personally like it (chocolate, not vanilla) and intend to continue using it if I can still buy it for the $10 range.
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Contrary to your (un)popular belief, people DO "stick with it" when it comes to Jillian's work out and plans. I've stuck with her for more than four months. I don't have much weight to lose, just wanted to be in good shape. And it's working. To those that pay attention and listen, she is very motivational. It's not just about the exercise with her programs, it's about the inside and outside changes that break bad habits including diets and exercise and the person you are. And who cares if it's Jillian, Billy Blanks, PX90 or insanity...whatever motivates someone is not important, it's important to be moving. She doesn't call herself just a trainer. She's also a "life coach" (though I hate that term...sounds too yuppy). She builds confidence and self esteem along with the workout you get. And bottom line whether it's this work out or any other one, each person finds what works for them. Just because you're not drinking the Jillian kool-aid doesn't mean she sucks. I just think you're being a bit negative in a place where people should be building each other up, not tearing each other down.

^^^This +1
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I think JM is good at what she does, and her programs are great.

But she has become a brand, and her name gets put on lots of crap. JM detox and cleanse? Ugh, no. Jillian Michaels protein powder? Nope. It's low quality. Not worth it.

Someone mentioned bodybuilding.com and supplementreviews.com. I used these sites to start my research. I also looked at vitamart.ca because thats where I bought my protein powder.

Some good brands: Optimum nutrition, Whey gourmet, Dymatize, Trutein, MusclePharm, Allmax.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I like gnc soy 100. Low carb and low fat if you are looking just to meet your protein needs without alot of crap. Soy is a complete plant protein.