For those who have concored p90x

Options
hfzimmerman
hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
Hello there,
For those of you who have succeed at doing p90x specifically yoga x do you have any tips or advice for doing the shoulder stand moves? I tried and tried but couldn't do it.

Thanks

Replies

• Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I think it's easier if you hold your back instead keeping your arms out on the ground like one of the girls does in the video. I never really had an issue with it though.
  • jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    Ha! Yoga X! Wow, I tried it for the first month, but it freaked me out. High speed/impact yoga, wasn't really my thing. I ended up skipping it whenever it came up in my rotation, and replaced it with a nice long, relaxing walk/jog........I know that's really off your topic of the shoulder thing, but I don't think I missed anything by not doing it. Great program, good results, very entertaining hour, although Tony sometimes did get on my nerves!

Cheers and have fun!
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Shoulder stands are a core workout! Bend your knees so they are really close to your butt, then gently use your hands (but mainly your abs) to curl yourself up! Then put your hands on your back to support yourself. I did hot yoga, and it took me a couple of days to get to this point, but it's totally doable once you did it once! Try putting your legs against the wall the first time to get the feeling of what it's like.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Shoulderstands are something that require a bit of core strength throughout your back and abs, because you need the support to balance on your back and hold your legs up. Try doing it against a wall a few times, where you literally walk up the wall with your legs until you can get your butt and back against it. That will give you an idea of the "feel" for the shoulderstand, without you having to support a large part of it.

And not to be snarky, but it's "conquered". From the title of the post, I was confused as to whether or not you were asking people if they "censored" P90X and just spelled "censored" wrong, or they "Concorded" it, like it was in the land of grapes, and Concord had become a verb.

Anyway, best of luck! Yoga and balance positions are a bit tricky if you've never really had any physical experience with it before.
  • Nicole921
    Nicole921 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this. I just started P90X Monday, which means, I too did my first yoga last night. Well, at least attempted to do yoga. It definitly made me feel defeated, and I didn't even make it 40 minutes in before giving up. I'm already tight on time as far as working out goes, so spending an hour and a half on yoga that i can't do, isn't going to work for me. I've decided to use those days as my jogging days so I can keep up my stamina that i've built up as far as running goes.
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It will come in time once you develop more core strength and get better at all the moves. For the record, my hubby (who has completed X and is doing X2) still cannot do them...so don't feel bad and just keep pressing play. :smile:
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this. I just started P90X Monday, which means, I too did my first yoga last night. Well, at least attempted to do yoga. It definitly made me feel defeated, and I didn't even make it 40 minutes in before giving up. I'm already tight on time as far as working out goes, so spending an hour and a half on yoga that i can't do, isn't going to work for me. I've decided to use those days as my jogging days so I can keep up my stamina that i've built up as far as running goes.

Just an FYI: after the first 45 minutes or so, the workout turns into more of a stretch routine with some ab work thrown in at the end. I recommend to keep going and it will help you stretch out a bit. The yoga in X2 is way better and faster paced IMO
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!...lol yeah I noticed I spelled it wrong after I posted. My fingers get moving to fast on my phone lol. When I first saw this move I was like oh no problem I use to do these all the time just for the hell of it before I even knew what yoga was lol...it showed me how far I've fallen that's for sure! I was able to make it through the whole video, modified some moves because I'm not that flexible yet but this one just pissed me off. I suppose it doesn't help as far as core strength goes that I just had my second baby in February lol but gives me something to really work on. I'll try using the wall tonight just to get an idea for next time!
  • Nicole921
    Nicole921 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good to know. Thanks for the info. maybe i'll take another stab at it next week. Guess I was just feeeling really defeated:-/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!