Working out during your period

Options
13»

Replies

• Darcyclementine
    Darcyclementine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No energy to leap around like a maniac, so I just do yogalates instead.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a mutant because working out always makes my cramps worse. The only thing that makes them feel better is a warm bath, some Motrin and comfy pajamas.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    During my teen years, I had the most horrible cramping during my periods. I eventually found out that working out the week before my period eased the cramps. I don't experience much cramping now, but the exercise helps my crankiness during that time of the month.
  • Arianwyn_T
    Options
    I don't want to move, and I want to eat constantly -- bad combination. It I do get myself moving though it usually helps (but starting is the problem).
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My cramps don't get too horrible but I have them for 1-2 days with heavy flow. I do work out even though my energy levels dip because it helps with my cramps.

Every woman is different though - so you gotta do what's right for you.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I posted on a similar thread last week saying that I try to work out. Well, I've currently got my period and let me tell you, I am SO WIPED OUT! I've been in bed every night by 8 and slept straight through. I don't know why, but this month is killing me! I'm not too worried, today I've got a day out with my daughter with lots of walking, and I'm still under on my calories (although I've been starving all week too). Once my energy is back, I'll be right back to it.