Vehicular NSV

Options
aqcannon
aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
I had a vehicle-related NSV today, it was pretty cool. Let me explain...
First a little backstory: a few years ago we purchased an old 1996 Honda Civic as a commuter vehicle. It was old, but it was a Honda so we knew it would run forever (let's not make this a debate extolling or deriding various vehicles). When I would drive it, even with the seat back, my belly would be scraping the steering wheel. I got to the point where I would recline the seat a few notches just to give me an extra inch or two. It was frustrating. I'd get out of the car and my shirt would have a line across it where the steering wheel had rubbed. I was also worried about what would happen if I got in an accident. But, being the stubborn, food-addicted person I was, I was more than willing to deal with it rather than trying to motivate myself to lose weight.
Then our eldest son turned 16 and started driving. We passed the car on to him and I bought myself another used vehicle that was slightly larger.
I hadn't gotten in the Honda in over a year, I was scared to drive it because I had only gotten bigger since I had last driven it. Then this morning I needed to take it so he could take my car into the shop while I was at work. I hopped in without thinking and started driving. About halfway to work I realized that I wasn't uncomfortable, the seat wasn't reclined, and I wasn't scraping. It was a minor, but cool NSV that caused me to give a "Yeehaaa" while driving down the freeway.

Replies

• Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    HA!! I just wrote a small post about that same thing! It's a good feeling isn't it?
    And good on you for all your WL success at this time!!
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I am really looking forward to that moment!! :D
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    great job! that's awesome, congrats :D!!!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep it up!!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I had one of these happen to me few years back. I went to Kennywood (local amusement park) with a bunch of people from work and after waiting in line 45 minutes to ride the rollercoaster I had to be told I couldn't ride it because they couldn't close the safety bar over my massive torso. It was a pretty embarrassing experience to have it happen in front of all those people.

After losing some weight and getting down to roughly 275 lbs (still overweight, but not at the level I was the first time around) I went back to Kennywood and was able to ride the rollercoaster just fine. Felt great.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    HELLS YEAH! That's awesome; what a great feeling. Good for you! YEEHAW! :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Love this! I was noticing the same thing the other day for me too! Great job!
  • clynch1968
    clynch1968 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hooray!! Great Progress! I have trbl with some seat belts in front seats not fitting & I can NEVER fit the back seat seat belts. I look forward to that not being an issue. Thanks for the motivation.
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    sweet. nice job
  • beanerific518
    Options
    Wonderful NSV! Keep this one in your back pocket when you have a rough day! Keep up the great work!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! What a great NSV. Good for you.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    That really is fantastic. I can't wait to hear of your next victory.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I had one of these happen to me few years back. I went to Kennywood (local amusement park) with a bunch of people from work and after waiting in line 45 minutes to ride the rollercoaster I had to be told I couldn't ride it because they couldn't close the safety bar over my massive torso. It was a pretty embarrassing experience to have it happen in front of all those people.

After losing some weight and getting down to roughly 275 lbs (still overweight, but not at the level I was the first time around) I went back to Kennywood and was able to ride the rollercoaster just fine. Felt great.

I have avoided roller coasters over the last few years just because of this. Now, being under 200, GAME ON!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!! Congrats on your success!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woo hooo!!!!!!! LOVE this NSV!!!! It's little things like this that make you realize you really are doing something right! Keep up the amazing work you're doing!!! :)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Terrific NSV!!! Congrats!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG that was a great NSV!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!