White House Announcement

kapeluza
kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
Since the other thread is a clusterf$ck of trololololol.....

"Obama administration stops deporting young immigrants Washington (CNN) -- The Obama administration said Friday it will stop deporting young illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children if they meet certain requirements.

The election-year policy change will cover people younger than 30 who came to the United States before the age of 16, pose no criminal or security threat, and were successful students or served in the military, the Department of Homeland Security said.

It also will allow those meeting the requirements to apply for work permits, the statement said."

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    That's just effing stupid. Regardless of age, they're ILLEGAL immigrants.
  • kapeluza
    Looks like Obama is trying to win the Latino vote? Aye?
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member

That's what I'd say.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    It's always about votes!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    it's despicable. desPICABLE my grandmother had to wait 20 years in armenia before she could legally come to america. she did it the RIGHT way while these people waltz into our country and just take it.

so ridiculous.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member

Absolutely!
  • ryanpayne4
    ryanpayne4 Posts: 64 Member

yup playing the game
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    The shameless pandering for votes continues.
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member

Yup, he'll do anything for votes.....he'll swing one way and tell ya what you want to hear one day, then a month later he'll swing the complete opposite way. His role of president is played more like the game of "Survivor", except the United States of America and it's people are not a game. We need to get him out, out FAST!!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Not like it doesn't happen on both sides.

I'm not a fan of Obama, but I'm a fan of Romney less. Way I see it, damned if I do, damned if I don't.
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    ****, Obama is a damn illegal immigrant so why not take up for his own..Here I sit un-employed and looking for work and he's willing to just give them work..He needs to be thrown out of office and right in prison for crimes against America.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    I only half way agree with this ruling.
    I do believe that if an illegal serves in the Military and gets his/her honorable discharge, they SHOULD get legal rights as a citizen.
    However, just being a "good student" does NOT give you a waiver.
    In my opinion.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member

Exactly what i thought when i read it.
  • kapeluza
    ****, Obama is a damn illegal immigrant so why not take up for his own..Here I sit un-employed and looking for work and he's willing to just give them work..He needs to be thrown out of office and right in prison for crimes against America.

Which crimes against America do you speak of? :huh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I disagree with it. My family has a well recorded family history. Those who immigrated here did so legally. I'd like to add that when settlers came here, there was tons of unclaimed land and no immigration system so they were not "illegal" immigrants.

There are many citizens of this country who struggle to work and go to school, it's a slap in the face to allow people in deportation proceedings to stay and take up limited space in schools and the workforce. If they are here illegally, they need to be sent home. Period. If there parents had them BORN here, then they need to blame their parents, not the government, for breaking the law.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Puts things in prospective, I think.....

I took it off....
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    I'm a fan of Romney less. Way I see it, damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Why? Specifically.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member

Yup, he'll do anything for votes.....he'll swing one way and tell ya what you want to hear one day, then a month later he'll swing the complete opposite way. His role of president is played more like the game of "Survivor", except the United States of America and it's people are not a game. We need to get him out, out FAST!!!

Yep in the last election he supported legalization of pot, Now he doesn't. He also supported same sex mariage last election, then changed his mind and now at election time he decideds to suppot that cause again as well!

Flopper!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    I'm shocked with all the conservatives on this bored. I am glad for this announcement. It's not the kids' fault their parents brought them here illegally.

And it they work and become citizens, then they pay taxes. What's not good about that? The government needs the money, and we need the spending these citizens will do with their pay checks.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    As a non-american, I have a question.

What exactly is wrong with giving young people the opportunity to live in a society they were brought into without choice and to make something of themselves, rather than continue to be a sinkhole for government money?
This discussion has been closed.