I'm addicted to chocolate...HELP!!!!

Options
So I know I'm not the only one who can relate to that subject line about being addicted to chocolate. Last week logging my calories and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred helped me drop 2 pounds. This is the second week of my weightloss journey and the scale did not move, in fact I gained weight, which I want to attribute to overdoing it with the chocolate chip cookies that i bought....(I have to take responsibility)

Anywho....for anyone who loves chocolate, what do you do when you crave it? What are some of your favorite substitutes for chocolate?

Replies

• VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I eat it!
    I make my own chocolate using cocoa powder and coconut oil - just heat up and melt the coconut oil, dissolve in a ton of cocoa powder to make it really decadent, mix, freeze, wait an hour...and I've got super rich/concentrated chocolate for cravings. 2 Ingredients, no added sugar, gluten and dairy free, simple as hell.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 square of Lindt 90% cocoa bar everyday. I also use unsweetened cocoa powder in desserts and smoothies and sweeten with Stevia. Chocolate ricotta cream makes a great dessert--1/2C low fat ricotta mixed with unsweetened cocoa powder, Stevis, and some cool whip.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Your problem is not the chocolate -- it was the cookies they were in.

Get a bag of Herhsey Kisses
    When you need chocolate, eat one. 22 calories per kiss.

If you find yourself eating way too many kisses, then take a bite of unsweetened baker's chocolate -- which will kill your craving dead.

There was a post earlier today about the benefits of having a glass of chocolate milk after a strenuous workout.