Should I be offended?

Options
So I met this really nice girl at an event a few weeks ago. Turns out she's trying to launch her own line of alternative plus sized clothes for women size 16 and up. I went to her site that she just put up and told her that I thought it was cool that she was catering to larger women with alternative style.

Well, I just got an email from her asking me if I would be interested in being a model for her line. I know she meant well, but it kind of hurt my feelings because I've worked my *kitten* off to get down to my current size which is a loose 14, small 12. I guess I'm really upset because I guess I still look like I could wear a size 16 or 18. Not that those are horrid sizes, hell, I used to be in them...but I'm not anymore you know?

Maybe I'm just being a wishy washy girl, but I hope someone can understand where I'm coming from and how discouraging that is for me. I dunno. Any advice would rock. :frown:

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    plus sized models aren't really plus-sized anyways. You should take it as a compliment and be motivation for those size 16 or 18 or more girls!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    They considered Tyra Banks a plus sized model. I think she was an 8 at the time. I think in the industry anything above the size of a skeleton is considered plus size.:wink:
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Maybe she thought that you were interested in the site because you still wore those size clothes, instead of just liking the idea. So she could have been thinking, "wow, that woman hadn't seemed that big but she's looking at the clothes so maybe she is. She'd be perfect as a model because she's wearing my clothes but she doesn't look that big, so bigger women will assume that by wearing those clothes, they too can look as svelte as that woman modelling". Just my 2 cents! :smile:
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Maybe she thought that you were interested in the site because you still wore those size clothes, instead of just liking the idea. So she could have been thinking, "wow, that woman hadn't seemed that big but she's looking at the clothes so maybe she is. She'd be perfect as a model because she's wearing my clothes but she doesn't look that big, so bigger women will assume that by wearing those clothes, they too can look as svelte as that woman modelling". Just my 2 cents! :smile:

That makes sense actually. I hadn't though of it that way. I'm not even really a model and have no interest in being one, but I guess she just needs people to help her out as she's just getting started. Thanks for your 2 cents. I appreciate it!
  • carissalynn82
    Options
    I've heard that plus-size models are usually size 10-12 and they pin the clothes in the back so they fit.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Not at all girl she just want some help ...hell if she payin right I model for her I mean I got 40lbs to go but hell money tight right now:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Not at all girl she just want some help ...hell if she payin right I model for her I mean I got 40lbs to go but hell money tight right now:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

haha. She's not paying though. Maybe I should help her out. I do support what she's doing for sure.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options

haha. She's not paying though. Maybe I should help her out. I do support what she's doing for sure.

Oh Ok I dont do nuffin for free:laugh: :laugh: j.p but go for it if is going to help her out you know :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: