Several Words of encouragement .... !!

Options
harlanJEN
harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
Morning ! I just posted this over in the EM2WL group - but I'm PASSIONATE about paying it forward & getting the word out ... so here goes !

I blog - so you may want to read more if you want more details on my "story" .. but ! I'm really energized today and wanted any of you to know who may be questioning if doing the EM2WL thing is a good thing to consider ...

Let me say .. without a doubt .. YES! YES ! YES!

If we are honest, we would all say we'd like to go to bed and wake up with our ideal body - overnight, VOILA! Course, doesn't work that way. And .. losing WEIGHT quickly with low calorie, high cardio, doing any of quick fixes we see in magazines, hear on TV or learn about from our well-meaning friends - just doesn't get it done. Oh, it may for a little while and deprive ourselves while doing it - but NOPE - doesn't get it done. Losing weight fast, losing water and precious muscle - NO WAY! To me - getting it done - is getting it done right and maintaining it for life. Getting it done while truly enjoying life and getting so excited with the changes you are seeing in your body because of what YOU"VE done for it. Our bodies are amazing.

Eating - PLEASE don't be afraid to eat. You must eat, must fuel our bodies to keep the metabolism strong as nature intended and to lose FAT, lose inches, building beautiful calorie hungry muscle. Oh YEA. Please EAT. More than BMR, Less than TDEE - that is what EM2WL is all about.

Weight Training. Is sooo important. For me, it has been the difference maker. I feel passionate that everyone should do some. Really. How much - up to you. But I"m betting once you start - you will want to keep going. I'm competitive - love to see what my body can do. Don't let anything hold you back. I've had a total knee replacement - I just leg pressed 390 today : )

Cardio. If gonna do it - do HIIT and get it done. High Intensity Interval Training. Will get you the benefits in 20 minutes vs. 1 hour plugging away on the treadmill or elliptical. Me -- I just don't have time or patience for that. I mainly do my HIIT on a stationary bike.

I started last June getting serious, Getting With It. I've lost just under 50 pounds on the scale; went from a SNUG size 16 to loose size 8 jeans. XL top to a Medium. My goal is to be in easy size 6 jeans. NEVER would I have ever thought size 6 would be associated with ME. I eat. I lift. I do HIIT. I rest 2 - 3 days per week. I eat on average 1800 calories. I've started a cycle of eating at TDEE for 2 weeks after 6 weeks of deficit.

I've lost 4.2 pounds since March. I went from a size 10 jean to a now loose size 8 jean in that time. Size Large top to a Medium. Lost 2% body fat. I was at the store last night when a NOSY, not very mannerly man (after all, men with good raising know not to ask a woman's age or weight) that I used to work with whom I haven't seen in months said: WOW! How much do you weigh now - about 128?

I smiled, laughed. Told him ... yea --- a little more than that.

As I stood there weighing 189.2.

PLEASE, I urge you -- quit thinking about yourself, your body in terms of the SCALE and how much you WEIGH. Do you want to have a rockin body that you feel great about - strong, lean, energized or do you simply want a # on the scale? Don't focus on "but I've only lost 4 pounds in 3 months and my friend has lost 25 in that same amount of time eating 1200 calories and doing 6 hours on the elliptical and 3 hours of ZUMBA every week" . Ask yourself: what will she look like in a year? what will she need to do to keep that weight maintained? How much lean, calorie HUNGRY muscle does she have? Is she cranky because she is hungry?.
It's not a RACE. What's the hurry? The END RESULTS, being happy while getting to the end and MAINTAINING those results for LIFE - that is what it's about.

So .. get out there and ROCK on !

Jen

My Blog: This Isn't My First Rodeo
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN

Active member of the forum group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS. Check it out ! Educate yourselves!
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less