Hello

Options
Hi. I'm Heather. I have a lot of weight to lose, and decided it's time to start working on it. My youngest (of three) will be 2 in October, and I'm no longer breastfeeding. So, I have no more excuses!

I have no idea what all I'm doing on this site, but I figure I'll learn as I go. Anyway, that's it! :-)

Replies

• nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Hello and Welcome :flowerforyou:
    MFP is the greatest diet aid tool I have ever found. :heart: :bigsmile: If I had to write all this stuff down....well..you know- I haven't got the time, much less remember. :grumble: Keep yourself accountable. Look up calories in foods your not sure about. Processed sugars and HFCS high fructose syrup are bad! :explode: Stay away from fast foods unless you know how many calories and what kind are in them. :noway: This is really about changing your life and way you eat forever. :flowerforyou: :drinker: Grabbing food for comfort or boredom is no longer an option! :noway: You must be aware of what, when and where you are eating. :happy: So get started! Get psyched! Get pumped! Grab your water bottles for plenty of filling/flushing H2O! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :smooched:
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi Heather I thinlk it''s way cool.. I never wanted to count calories but this is so easy....And fun! I found this site by accident and just love it!!! I am still learning as well Just post a question and I promise you will get help! Renee':flowerforyou:
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on here for about a month now and I'm loving it. It really helps to motivate you when you see just what you are getting from the things you put into your body. I also love logging how many calories I burn from exercise.

One thing I do sometimes is enter food that I am thinking of eating to see if it is really worth eating it. Keep at it and I know you will do great. :wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ham1299
    ham1299 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! You are so kind! :smile: I was shocked to discover the number of calories I consumed yesterday! :noway: While I'm still over my goal today, I'm at least significantly below yesterday's count! Baby steps, right? Plus, I'm trying to drink more water.

Dumb question - how do I add my ticker here?