rest days?

Options
Just curious on if anyone feels like when they are supposed to have a rest day, it's so hard NOT to get on the treadmill/or do something? I am supposed to rest today since I haven't in over a week but I just hate not getting in some form of exercise. I feel like I wasted a day, even though under calorie goal. Anyone feel this way?

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I do but I need a rest day to let my muscles repair even though I take a protein shake after my workouts. I enjoy my rest day to go do whatever I wanted to do the other days, I use those days to relax basically and not to worry about my workout or what I eat for that day.
  • peanut7butter
    Options
    I felt the same way, but have recently changed my mind. Just a few days ago, I was feeling really burnt out, and I hadn't taken a rest in over a week. I was sore and cranky, and realized that it was probably a sign of over working. I took the day off...it was hard, but you won't believe how amazing I felt the next day.
    Take a light walk or do some stretching if you must, but let it be a mental health day, too!
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. and I agree with the protein shakes, I do them after hard workouts.

I know Monday is a rest day (have a night dinner banquet) so maybe I will just not do too much or at all tonight. Thanks everyone!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. and I agree with the protein shakes, I do them after hard workouts.

I know Monday is a rest day (have a night dinner banquet) so maybe I will just not do too much or at all tonight. Thanks everyone!

Enjoy it!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I learned the hard way how important proper rest days are. I over trained myself into an injury.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Who said you need rest days?