Tips to prep for my first 5k tomorrow?

Options
I'm running my first 5k race tomorrow. I feel nervous and excited. I am 100% sure that I can finish, 99% sure I can finish in less than 45min (my original goal), and pretty sure I can finish in less than 40min (my last few practices have been around 39-41min). I am really hoping that I can run the whole thing however slow. It would be so great if I didn't have to walk at all but not the end of the world if I do.

Do you have any tips for my preparations today?

I'm drinking a lot of water, more than normal, which is already a lot. My favorite running outfit is about to come out of the dryer. I am not stiff or sore and just walked uphill on the treadmill this morning even though I had the urge to run ;). I haven't been drinking alcohol this week and getting good sleeps.

I am curious for suggestions for dinner tonight and your thoughts on breakfast tomorrow. My usual running days routine is to eat greek yogurt and a banana, walk the dogs (about 30min), drop them off, drink a little water and head out.

Thanks for the tips!

Replies

• owaranai14
    Options
    this probably really doesn't help but i know there's this form of breathing that helps you through it, i'll try to search and see if i can link you, but good luck!