My success story 2 year anniversary

Options
polo571
polo571 Posts: 708 Member
June 15th of last year I decided too put away the scale for a year. I decided on 3400 calories as my maintenance goal to stay at 260 pounds. I decided to see if I could maintain 260 for a year instead of going to 220 and gaining it back. I weighed in at 269 today! I have gone from running 10 miles a week to running 25 miles a week. I have run 3 10ks this year, I also got dumped by someone I was dating and serious about, got downsized at job and started a new career. A lot of these things would have triggered me into gaining back weight again but I kept persevering. My skin has tightened up a bit and it was nice not to have the scale dictate my life. Im very appreciative to the friends I have made on here and I'm excited to work on losing the last 45 pounds and go into life maintenance at 225 pounds. My goals for the year are run a half marathon, weight train 3 days a week, run up to 35 miles a week and keep working towards my career goals. I love getting new friends and getting to see the enthusiasm and the stories people are pursuing in themselves. I used a Body fit media this last year and have alot of cool stats and things that made me successful. Please feel free to chat and ask for the info. Everyone continued success this year!

Replies

• thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Keep up the great work and all the success.
  • Chanita1116
    Options
    That's AWESOME!! Keep up the good work and be encouraged!
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You have the right attitude to achieve the successes and goals you deserve! Good Luck!

10777536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the awesome work!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this and happy to call you a friend :)
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rhonda and sweet you are good friends =)
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That is amazing that you went a whole year with no scales. I am using my scales and seem to be maintaining my weight (for awhile now) although i do not want to maintain. One day i will reach my goal!!! Congrats and good luck with your continued success!!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!