Decrease in Calories Burned From Normal Daily Activity??????

Options
I just checked my "goals" and noticed that the number of Calories Burned From Normal Daily Activity went from over 1,720 down to 1,690.

If I am exercising more shouldn't the number go up? Why did it go down? I feel like it means my metabolism is decreasing which should not occur if I am exercising more now than when I started.

Anyone know what the deal is....why is this number going down?

Melissa

Replies

• Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    I just checked my "goals" and noticed that the number of Calories Burned From Normal Daily Activity went from over 1,720 down to 1,690.

If I am exercising more shouldn't the number go up? Why did it go down? I feel like it means my metabolism is decreasing which should not occur if I am exercising more now than when I started.

Anyone know what the deal is....why is this number going down?

Melissa
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering the other day if this would automatically alter your needs/etc. as you lost weight. For example, if you weigh less at some point you will probably burn less calories just existing (BMR). Maybe this is what happened?? I don't know, but am interested in the answer!
  • Mlieb
    Options
    I started out at 154 (considered overweight according to the BMR) and I am at 147.5 now (boarder line healthy). This may have something to do with it but you would think that since I have been walking for 4 miles per day 5 days a week, my metabolism would be better (increased).

I am so confused.

Melissa
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Your calories went down because you lost weight. It doesn't take as many calories now to exist - the bigger you are the more calories you need. Sad, but true. Something to think about when you come up with your goal weight - can you maintain it?
  • Mlieb
    Options
    Thanks for the info... I never considered that the calories burned from normal daily activity would go down the more in shape I get.::ohwell:

I will have to take this into consideration in analyzing my goals over time.:smile:

Melissa
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    It is true, the better shape you get into the harder it is to burn calories because you are starting to operate at a better capacity adn your metabolism is stronger.