Nicknames!!

Options
saracatherine89
saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
Hi everyone!

Do you have a nickname- who gave it to you, and why?

I have quite a few from all different people in my life (note- my name is actually Sara)-

Saz- This was given to me by my cousin. She had a dream that I changed my name to Saz and that I told her I'd kill her if she kept calling me Sara. Apparently this is a common nickname for Sara in the UK, though!
Wiz- Abbreviation of my long Polish last name, given to me in high school. I went to a Catholic high school and there were 10 girls in my class of 180 named Sara(h) and I was the only one with a nickname.
Cheese- Some of my guy friends from college call me this...because I was known as "Wiz", it flows nicely to "Cheese Wiz" and then just "Cheese"
Platinum- Some of my girl friends started giving each other nicknames after jewels/precious metals. I was dubbed Platinum because of my platinum blonde hair at the time.
Salt- Another crazy nickname given to me by my cousin. It's a really strange and long story...but I do love salt, which is partially why I am on this website ;)

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Jaymo -Elementary School PE teacher. Just a combination of the first syllables of my first and last names.
    Beast - A senior in high school who on my first day as a freshman realized he had messed with the wrong bull.
    Trigger - My closest friends call me this. Wish I could say it was because of my manhood, but sadly its my temper.
    D!(kinthebox - Guys in my old car club... I'm not sure why they called me that.
    Daddy - My kids (its my favorite nickname).
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    SKR on here.

ffej from some friends

Pookie from GasMasterFlash

and *kitten* from my spouse.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Care Bear - first name Carrie
    Trucker - my initials before marriage were CB
    BTB - stood for Big Tits B*** (my last name)
    Kegger - stands for my current last name
    Boss - the actual managers at work call me this as I am the admin for them
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    veen -- Chris McCool gave it to me in 6th grade. It's sort of part of my last name. For years people in high school and college thought it was my real name, cause everyone calls me it.
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    There is Chrissie (which is short for Christine)

I am also called "C" (Not sure how that one originated but it has lingered for quite awhile)

and C-Woww (got this one being compared to JWoww and her temper due an event where I lost my *kitten* on an umpire in a softball game I was playing in...and was called out. Even though, I was safe and had to be dragged off the field)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My nickname is *Sparkles*----I got this nickname when I was 17 years old.I use to love wearing roll on glitter. I worked at a place called King Kone and one afternoon our machine was broken down and Randal the repair man came in to fix it. I was sitting in a chair and Randal came up from behind me looked down seen the glitter on my chest and asked if my boobies sparkled too.

Sissy
    My nephew Conner calls me this
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    the closest i have come to a nickname is someone calling me by my last name or my last initial ("Z")

other than that, I have never had one... and now i wonder why...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    SKR on here.

ffej from some friends

Pookie from GasMasterFlash

and *kitten* from my spouse.
    GAWD! WHY ARE YOU BROADCASTING THIS?! :angry:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    The Werewolf, my spouse, because I change from a human into a beast.

Sometimes, according to the moon...

Vlad the Destroyer, also my spouse, because HULK SMASH!
  • rachey_v
    rachey_v Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    "Crazy Nakey Rach" :D
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    Miss Jiggles: My boyfriend gave it to me, because when we started dating, no matter what i was doing i always randomly jiggled my boobs, so he started calling me that LOL. (i have no idea why i did this, i dont do this anymore)
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Goose - my dad. Drove me nuts as a kid when my boyfriends found out, but at 38 I love it. :)

Chris or CJ- anyone I ever played sports with.

Christi - family and friends before I turned 10. When I moved to a new town I started going by Christine.

Red or Lips - a handful of new friends here in town.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Linds or Lindz--my name is Lindsay but have been called Linds since birth.

Sugar Tits Main--OMG.....not sure why my sister calls me that.....its more an inside joke between us.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bubbles: by my co-workers
    Blondie: by all my friends
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ash-everyone calls me this
    Momma-from my boys... I don't want them to grow up and just call me mom! UGH
    Giraffe- got this from my best friend
    double stuf - because of the oreo... not any other reason!
    clueless-because half the time I am!
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    When I'm a good boy or my wife wants sumthn she calls me Daddy

In the gym they call me crab, because they say I have big short arms

As a kid my father called me Doc and shorty........may he RIP
  • minijen100
    Options
    short *kitten*
    big birtha
    mini jen
    little jen
    needy lol :drinker:
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    PITA from my best friend, I call him Chicken Butt so I guess it's fair

Spoon for stirring up trouble from Rumone

and Sass, Sassy Pants, Sasstastic and what ever else my awesome FL throws at me.

hmmmmmm...I see a theme...
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Mini Mouse - In High School, because I'm so small.

Sexy Babe - When I was about 18 I used to go out drinking every weekend with my friends and girls being girls, we decided to give each other pulling names. It worked too alot of the time! That takes me back - forgotten how much fun we all had.

Mist - When I was 20 I had been going down to my local Rock Night Club every weekend and bumped into an old School Friend. We started hanging out with his friend who also went to the same School a few years prior to us. He was a really close friend at the time and we used to hang out all the time, (people thought we were a couple). Purely platonic until I opened my mouth and spurted out the inevitable to him - that killed that close friendship. Anyhow, he used to call me Mist all the time.

Ironically one of my MFP Friends called me that the other day which spurred me into reminiscing of the good old days. lol!

Little Emi - of more recent times - I actually don't know where that one came from - might have been from one new years eve drinking fest when I had the most amazing night and deserved an award for it! lol.

Just realised I've listed them back to front ! haha.