can someone help me figure out the calories in this?

Options
I am making Venison Chili for dinner tonight and trying to decide if I can eat it or not lol

2 pounds venison
2 cans of red kidney beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of northern beans (white beans)
carol Shelby seasoning packet
1 jar of ragu

any idea??
Thanks in advance

Replies

• lauravasseur
    Options
    For the whole crock pot it looks like around 3320 calories. Not planning on eating the whole thing lol...wonder how much that would be per serving...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I am making Venison Chili for dinner tonight and trying to decide if I can eat it or not lol

2 pounds venison
    2 cans of red kidney beans
    1 can of black beans
    1 can of northern beans (white beans)
    carol Shelby seasoning packet
    1 jar of ragu

any idea??
    Thanks in advance
    serves how many ?
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you enter your recipe into MFP and estimate how many people you think it serves MFP will give you the calculation per serving. I love to cook and have many of my own recipes so I use the recipe tool a lot on MFP and it's super helpful.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I do the same. It's easy if all portions are the same size. I adapt the recipe calculator for large and small portions too - if I'm sharing a dish with my husband and son I tell the recipe calculator it makes 5 portions, then serve one to me and two each to the guys. If my son's away, I cook less and call it three portions (one for me, two for him) or cook the same amount & save a double portion for another meal (his lunch next day works well).

Starting with 2lbs venison looks like about 8 portions to me, especially with all those beans added.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp (hope we can post other sites~) I had this in my bookmarks and used once and it did a good job but still need to know servings.
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    If you enter your recipe into MFP and estimate how many people you think it serves MFP will give you the calculation per serving. I love to cook and have many of my own recipes so I use the recipe tool a lot on MFP and it's super helpful.

cool I didn't even know that was on here. Thanks
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    Just did it, according to the recipe tool there are 470 in one serving, based on eight servings...I probably won't have that much, but it will fit into my calories today, can't pass it up. I totally forgot I have a freezer full of venison! Low fat meat yay! Going to throw a bunch of that in the fridge to defrost. Thanks again.