Exhausted, any advice?

TByrd1325
TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So lately I've been getting up between 5-5:30AM to workout. I have an infant and getting through a workout doesn't always work sometimes, which is why I started getting up early. Plus with school starting soon and early classes, I know this will be really helpful to my weightloss.

The only problem is I have been so tired. I get around 7-8 hours of sleep. I eat 1200-1400 calories a day. I don't take any vitamins. Starting early as 8AM my eyes just start to get heavy. I'll have spurts of energy through the day, but it really just flipflops, ending with me mostly having these heavy eyes. Could my body just be getting used to the wakeup time?

Replies

• You may find the B vitamins to be helpful.
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Do you eat all the exercise calories? If not you could just be tired because you aren't eating enough. If you do eat them then maybe you are one of those people who needs more than 7-8 hours sleep a night? I know that I need about 9 hours to feel normal, which is far more than most people need. I never really find taking multivitamins helps me that much but maybe it would help you, I know some people swear by them. Maybe you just need time to adjust to the new routine, it is very early to be geting up lol! Hope you feel better soon!
  • TByrd1325
    I'm really unsure of what multivitamins to take. I've heard a B-Complex is alright?

I usually don't eat my exercise calories. A month ago I was fine all the time. I probably will try eating them though and see what happens.

Thanks guys!
  • otajenn
    otajenn Posts: 2
    My mom recently lost 60 lbs and works 12 hour shifts as a nurse. she said she used stress tabs which you can get from wal-mart to help with energy. they are about 4 dollars, they are basically an extra amount of b-vitamins i have them i'm just terrible at remembering to take vitamins myself!
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Take a daily vitamin like one a day or the generic version. Also take a B-complex vitamin.
    When I have to be at work by 5:30 a.m I will get up at 1 a.m to be at the gym by 2:30 a.m. It just all depends on when you want to excercise. If you are eatting enough cals. even for when you excercise you really shouldn't have that heavy eye's until you atleast get home at the end of your day. Have you been eatting enough protein and carbs ? For long days having enough of these 2 will help. Also try eatting something within 1 hour of your workout this will help your body to use that fuel to keep your energy up.
    Also I forgot to mention that have you had your Iron checked here lately? If you haven't it might be low, and if it is that will cause you to be tired also.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    So lately I've been getting up between 5-5:30AM to workout. I have an infant and getting through a workout doesn't always work sometimes, which is why I started getting up early. Plus with school starting soon and early classes, I know this will be really helpful to my weightloss.

The only problem is I have been so tired. I get around 7-8 hours of sleep. I eat 1200-1400 calories a day. I don't take any vitamins. Starting early as 8AM my eyes just start to get heavy. I'll have spurts of energy through the day, but it really just flipflops, ending with me mostly having these heavy eyes. Could my body just be getting used to the wakeup time?
    Maybe get a blood test taken to see if you are low in iron or maybe hypothyroid? I felt the same and now feel better AFTER an iron transfusion and taking thyroid medicine! I wish you the best because I can say that I do know how you feel!!
    vhuber
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    For a couple weeks I was getting up around 5:15 for coaching and I was exhausted for the first week plus I was standing and tossing balls and such allll day long. The second week I felt better though cause I was getting used to it. I also ate a couple of apples throughout the day for snacks which seemed to help :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    I would suggest taking a multivitamin,

make sure to eat your exercise calories,

and try to keep the simple sugars out. They can contribute to the ups and downs in energy level

instead have complex carbs, with some protein and fat. They help keep your blood sugar level. Whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter and a banana, I think is a pretty good combo. Look at your food labels, you wouldn't believe how many breads say they are whole wheat when in reality they are far from it, natural peanut butter doesn't have any hydrogenated oils, a banana has fructose which is a natural sugar rather than a jam or jelly which probably has high fructose corn syrup.

you might be overtraining when you exercise, I realized when I start feeling really tired and crappy I probably worked out harder than I should have. I am still don't know how to prevent that.

HTH,
    Demetria
  • What I have found is that when my energy levels are low I take a calcium and especially magnesium supplement. These minerals helps with the replacement of adrenaline. :bigsmile:
  • TByrd1325
    I am hypothyroid, I take medicine. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment this week to make sure my levels are alright and to check my iron.

Thanks so much for the suggestions!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    i take vitamin b12 for my energy levels and memory
This discussion has been closed.