Rant: People just don't get it ?!

Options
So I ran a 'support our troops' navy 10k in Nova Scotia today and this woman in a car was freaking out at a police officer and honking her horn because she was in a hurry to get somewhere on a Sunday morning....Sometimes I don't know how people can live with themselves.
We are supporting people who lay their lives on the line to keep our world safe and she is in a huff because she has to take a detour...its Halifax...no traffic anyway...get a life!
Phew...I feel better now.
! Yah for running a 10k...just don't ask about my time :embarassed:

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    congrats to you on running in a 10K:flowerforyou:

Sorry that women was being such an *kitten* :frown: sometimes you just have to overlook people :ohwell:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Great job on your run and she is just an example of a person so caught up in their own little bubble they can't stop and enjoy anything around them..........not to mention getting so upset only hurts her, its her blood pressure rising for no reason that will probably lead to a nice head ache later...karma :wink:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Great job on your 10k!! Who cares what your time was. You finished it! That's what matters. And, yes, I understand your feelings on the lady in a hurry. I just don't know what gets into people sometimes. Keep running!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    WOOT!! : ) for running 10k!

my favorite expression is People Never Cease to Amaze Me!! :grumble:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Congrats, you're an inspiration!
  • stephcheers
    Options
    Somedays you just have to shake your head in amazement at some people. My boyfriend left this morning at 6 AM to spend a week 2 hours away at Camp Ripley in MN to train for yet another type of preparation for deployment (will be his 2nd time going to Iraq). The sacrifices he makes leaving his 3 children and 3 (soon to be) step children is beyond what I could ever imagine. And that women had to take a DETOUR??!!

But I wanted to thank you for your efforts to support our military. I love running also and think it's awesome that you are using your abilities to bring awareness! Way to go!!! :flowerforyou:
  • threeupthreedown
    Options
    Congrats on running a 10 kms. Plus, supporting our troops at the same time. Thank you. YOU totally rock!!!

I just joined on Tuesday with the Running Room. I am in the "Learn to Run 10kms" Clinic and by October 18, I will be able to run 10 kms. WOW!!! I am so proud of myself. I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 305. Now, I just have to figure out how to use it. LOL!!!

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Somedays you just have to shake your head in amazement at some people. My boyfriend left this morning at 6 AM to spend a week 2 hours away at Camp Ripley in MN to train for yet another type of preparation for deployment (will be his 2nd time going to Iraq). The sacrifices he makes leaving his 3 children and 3 (soon to be) step children is beyond what I could ever imagine. And that women had to take a DETOUR??!!

But I wanted to thank you for your efforts to support our military. I love running also and think it's awesome that you are using your abilities to bring awareness! Way to go!!! :flowerforyou:

Good luck to you and your family, it must be so hard when he leaves for a deployment, in Iraq no less! I have lots of family in the Canadian military, and relatives who fought in WW2. It is a tremendous sacrifice for your husband and your family both! :flowerforyou: