Saving Myself From Myself

Options
Hi-

Tired of the yo-yo-ing. So a few days ago I started back here at MFP. Perhaps it's time to "walk the dog" if I'm stuck on a yo-yo mentality, that's the trick where things level out and move smoothly before skyrocketing back upward.

I often get scared that I've been morbidly overweight for so long that it's just going to be my life, but I don't want to accept that. It's easy to feel defeated.

At least haven't given up yet. That's something.

Thanks for being here, guys.

J.

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Don't buy into the lie that you'll be like this forever. I've bought into it for nearly 50 years - but it wasn't true, and I'm going to prove that.

You can prove it too!

Welcome, it's great that you're here!
  • otajenn
    otajenn Posts: 2
    Options
    I used to feel like I was meant to be overweight also. I realize now it was my environment in childhood that has carried over into adulthood. But I hope to be getting married soon and don't want to start my adult life being overweight and do the same thing to my future kids. I realized i'm ready to make a change when I didn't use my birthday yesterday as an excuse to eat what I wanted! It was a very accomplished feeling! Good luck to everyone who is trying to overcome thier "purpose to be overweight"!!!

p.s. where do you get the pretty weight trackers?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I used to think I would always be overweight because it was too hard. In January I just set my mind to it and now I know that there is a much healthier me inside waiting to see the light of day

Check out this thread if you think it is too hard

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/57234-before-and-after-pictures
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I use to think that but I will not let obesity defeat me you can do it..Loosing weight is not easy but it takes ome strong perseverance and disclipin...you can do whatever you want to as long as you put your mind to do it..Please from one fello mfper to another..dont give up tell the devil he a lie and you can do this for your health..Dont look at it as a diet look at it as a lifestyle change..Diets fail lifestyles are forever you can do it dear..Just add me and Ill keep you on your toes :laugh: :drinker: :smokin: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome Back,
    this can be the beginning of a new life for you.

Make a plan for today and stick to it
    Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Start an exercise plan even if it's only a walk around the block.

When your head says you can't do this, tell your head to shut up

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome back and you can do this. If I can do it you can. just go and read my story on my profile.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, everyone. :)

One day at a time!