weightlifting NSV :)

Options
sarahrbraun
sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
So this morning I was at the gym. I did my 35 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, then moved to the machines to do my strength training. There were 2 muscle heads on the back extension, so I quietly waited my turn ( I always do back extension first due to old back issues) until the one guy asked if I wanted to work in. I thanked him and adjusted the machine for my height ( I'm only 5'2") and the one guy says "wow, you adjust that like a pro..." so I dropped the weight a whole 30 lbs ( to 90# from the 120# he had it set for and told him "I'll be quick, I only need to do 40 reps" and proceeded to count my reps out loud. As I finished and wiped the machine down I hear the one guy kinda chuckle and say "...I can only do 12!! Thanks for making me look bad!"

I felt kinda bad for the guy, but he was 6' or more and I am a short fat woman...so I smiled the whole rest of the way through my strength :D

Replies

• zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    lol...great job!!
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love making the guys look weak :)
  • vaneguz87
    vaneguz87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    that's amazing!!! I wish I could do at least 30 reps with more than 45#... and you do it with double the weight!!! wow!!
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    I love making the guys look weak :)

I wasn't really trying, but once they issued the challenge.....

usually I am the one lifting the piddly 30# or so...
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Sometimes you need a little push to realize you can do more than you think! I would have been smiling too! Keep up the great work!
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    that's amazing!!! I wish I could do at least 30 reps with more than 45#... and you do it with double the weight!!! wow!!

I started out 3-4 months ago using 50# and doing like 20 reps. This is the first time I have done the whole 40 reps at 90#. usually I do 20 reps at 70# or 90#, then drop it down to 50# to do another 20 reps.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    WTG! and that's fantastic that you did something new today!! sometimes motivation to push comes in unexpected ways!! keep up the great work!
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    I'm loving doing the strength stuff. I have definition in my biceps and shoulders for the first time in AGES, if ever. I know my thighs are more muscular than they have been in years. Not sure I want defined abs, but I am hoping that the love handles start melting away soon...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!