I did it!

Options
I did it. I lost 9 pounds this week. I know some of that is fluid loss, but a loss is a loss. I am so excited to live better. What makes this loss so great for me is that over the last two years I have really struggeled to lose any weight , let alone 9 lbs. in one week. I feel so motivated. I even woke up thinking about what excercise CD I wanted to do today. lol...I never wake up thinking about exercise! :laugh

Good luck to everyone and have a great day!

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Wow way to go Big Upz to ya:flowerforyou:
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I did it. I lost 9 pounds this week. I know some of that is fluid loss, but a loss is a loss. I am so excited to live better. What makes this loss so great for me is that over the last two years I have really struggeled to lose any weight , let alone 9 lbs. in one week. I feel so motivated. I even woke up thinking about what excercise CD I wanted to do today. lol...I never wake up thinking about exercise! :laugh

Congratulations! That's sooo awesome! :flowerforyou: :smile:
    I'm sure you know though that it WON'T be that much of a loss every week, since like you said, the 9 pounds was mostly due to water weight. As we all know, the first few weeks of losing are always the best, and then it slows down. :grumble: :laugh:
    I remember feeling just like you when I first started and felt so motivated to lose the rest of the weight that I wanted to. I think the best part (besides losing!:laugh: ) was that I FINALLY felt totally in control of my eating. What a GREAT feeling that is, since before, I was always so depressed at my LACK of control over food.
    But, once I felt in control, and started "working" with my daily numbers through better food choices, moderation, and exercise, I became a "loser", and I am sooooo LOVING the new me! :happy:
    Hopefully, with MFP's tools and all it's wonderfully supportive members, you TOO will feel the same way! :smile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options

Congratulations! That's sooo awesome! :flowerforyou: :smile:
    I'm sure you know though that it WON'T be that much of a loss every week, since like you said, the 9 pounds was mostly due to water weight. As we all know, the first few weeks of losing are always the best, and then it slows down. :grumble: :laugh:

You better tell em :laugh: the first week is always ez even the best of us know after it slows:grumble: :grumble:
    I remember feeling just like you when I first started and felt so motivated to lose the rest of the weight that I wanted to. I think the best part (besides losing!:laugh: ) was that I FINALLY felt totally in control of my eating. What a GREAT feeling that is, since before, I was always so depressed at my LACK of control over food.
    But, once I felt in control, and started "working" with my daily numbers through better food choices, moderation, and exercise, I became a "loser", and I am sooooo LOVING the new me! :happy:
    Hopefully, with MFP's tools and all it's wonderfully supportive members, you TOO will feel the same way! :smile:
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You deserve to be excited, thats amazing! I lost 9 lbs in 6 weeks, and I was excited about that! :laugh: And personally, I think any week of losing is the best. I get just as excited now when I go down even a little bit because I know how much harder it was for my body to drop that weight. Any loss is worth a little celebrating!
  • sunnydee01
    Options
    :happy: Am Happy. Yes I know the weight loss will even out. I am hoping for 1 to 2 pounds a week. I am adding exercising and the gym this week, so I think I will be off to a good start. Thanks for the well wishes and congrats to all of you.
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Feels awesome, right?

Here's to a great new week!

Marci
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!