clean eating ??

Options
This is probably the most stupid question ever !!!! :blushing: But i have noticed people talking about clean eating and im not sure what this means but it sounds healthy and as its only 7 weeks till my wedding i feel i could do with a real boost to lose the last few pounds!! can someone PLEASE enlighten me so that i can look into it and maybe start it on monday :smile: :smile: xx xxx

Replies

• cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think of clean eating as only eating things where you know and can identify all components or ingredients as a whole food. I also try to cut out white sugar, most bread (except for Ezekiel) and gluteny foods, and anything with more than a couple ingredients on the label. If the ingredients in, for example, a store-bought guacamole are all recognizable (avocados, tomatoes, lime juice, etc.), then it's still "clean eating" to me. I hope this helps! <3
  • Emilit_uk
    Emilit_uk Posts: 87
    Options
    The best way I can explain it is to eat foods as close to there natural form as possible, so cut the processed food, go for wholegrains rather than refined products such as white pasta/bread and rice.

I'm all for it, you get to eat more because your eating the right types of food, and its more a change of lifestyle than a restrictive diet.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nothing artificial. No sweeteners, no processed foods. No sugar that doesn't come from a natural source. A good rule of thumb is if there are more than a few ingredients on the package, you don't want it... the other day I was at the store and I compared the ingredients of fat free Philadelphia cream cheese to that of the 1/3 less fat version. It was pretty enlightening!

Also - if you don't want to give up bread completely, look into sprouted grain bread. It's amazing and much better for you.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean" will not necessarily help you lose weight. And no one will be able to define it for you objectively because it has no agreed upon definition. It's already been discussed many times so you can do a search, or just read this

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • naiils
    naiils Posts: 20
    Options
    Ashy Bines has brought out an amazing 'Clean Eating' Recipe book & ALL her recipes are delicious. If you are handy in a kitchen or don't want to part with your $ this close to your wedding, google FODMAP DIET- it is a diet for IBS sufferers and the allowable food is almost identical to Ashy Bines. P.s. When you eat 'clean' you lose not only weight but also any cravings for sugar & carbs.
  • Emilit_uk
    Emilit_uk Posts: 87
    Options
    Eating "clean" will not necessarily help you lose weight. And no one will be able to define it for you objectively because it has no agreed upon definition. It's already been discussed many times so you can do a search, or just read this

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

I think as a general rule, if you pay attention to the quality of food you are eating, you will benefit from better nutrition, increased satiety and weight loss that's sustainable in the long term.

I'm sure you could keep under 1000 cals a day, eat junk and still lose weight, but I can't imagine you will feel particularly good for it. Feel free to view my diary for an overview, its open. Be warned, I do allow treats as I'm on maintenance, I go by 80/20 rule, a little of what you enjoy is good for you!
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for your answers they are all very helpful, i think that it has to be a lifestyle change and getting my body healthy from the inside out xx