neep help finding new exercises

Options
just found out i have high blood pressure, Doctor said no more cardio and no gym for right now anyone know any safe exercises i could do?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    just found out i have high blood pressure, Doctor said no more cardio and no gym for right now anyone know any safe exercises i could do?

I dont know how it will affect your blood pressure, but ask your doctor about weight training. It also helps improve your body.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Maybe yoga or pilates? I think yoga might even help high blood pressure for many.
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Find a new doctor! Try you! http://doctoryourself.com/
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    That does seem like a strange recommendation from your doctor, but he's the one with the degrees and looking at your charts. I think you should get a recommendation from him on what activities he thinks are safe, and under what circumstances you should shut it down.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That does seem like a strange recommendation from your doctor, but he's the one with the degrees and looking at your charts. I think you should get a recommendation from him on what activities he thinks are safe, and under what circumstances you should shut it down.

^^^^^^

I agree... ask your doctor why and what can you do.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I would have another talk with the doctor and ask just what exercise you can do to help lower the BP. My BP has been extremely high for many years and now, with 5 months of major cardio and 3. months of weight training, I have been taken off one drug and had another dosage cut in half. My doctor is cheering my exercise on and has no problem with me doing 1.5 hours/day on average..... Best of luck and let us know what the doctor's reasoning for this is......
  • jesswilks
    jesswilks Posts: 31
    Options
    thanks everyone for the great advice
  • jesswilks
    Options
    i think its because with the high blood pressure it is acting up my heart mummer
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Are you serious, no cardio or whatever. M blood pressure is high n I told my doctor what I do, he told me to keep up the good work, n just prescribed me medication for it. he thinks with all this big change in my eating and exercise that it will go down eventually. BUt thats awkward to me.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i think its because with the high blood pressure it is acting up my heart mummer

Oh, well sorry I didnt see this. um What about walking for now. Just take your meds n walk. You dont even have to walk fast. Yoga?
  • IllianaIman
    IllianaIman Posts: 131
    Options
    would walking be safe for you?
  • jesswilks
    Options
    would walking be safe for you?

i think so i do a hole lot of it
  • ABerneche
    ABerneche Posts: 2
    Options