Supreme 90 After Turbo Fire?

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
In about five weeks, I will be done with Turbo Fire. I like the program, but after five months of it, I need a break and am ready to move on. Originally, I was going to get ChaLean Extreme, but I'm ready for a new face.

I want to do a program that's more focused on resistance than cardio. I considered P90X and Jillian's Body Revolution, but I really don't feel like dropping $100+ on another program. I may if I decide on one of these after all, but I'm feeling frugal at the moment.

So, that led me to thinking about Supreme 90. It costs $10 at Sports Authority and though I would have to buy an exercise ball, that's less of an expense than having to buy a pull up bar or bands for P90X. I looked at the workout lengths and they are all under one hour, which is another selling point for me. I know the production value is bare bones, but if it's a good workout, I can live with that for what it costs.

For those who have done Supreme 90, how are the workouts and what were your befores and afters like?

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Supreme 90 Day is a wonderfully done program that is every bit as good as its competitors that cost over $100 if not more. I have to say however that you WILL need dumbbells in varying weights. I would say up to 15 or even 20 lbs for you. Unlike similar programs by Beachbody it is not possible with this program to use bands in lieu of dumbbells. You will also need a balance ball. Tabata Inferno, one of the cardio workouts you do in Supreme 90 day, is known to be one of the most insane cardio programs you will ever attempt.
  • Matiara
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your reviews of other programs.

I looked at some clips of Supreme 90 on their website and realized that I need to get heavier weights. More $$$$, but weights are worth the investment. I have a month, so that's plenty of time to price things out and get my setup together.
  • Matiara
    Options
    How many sets of weights do I need? On the Supreme 90 support board, it seems like most people are using two sets, but when I look at the workout clips, they have 3-4 different sizes.

Glad I was able to find my exercise ball over the weekend. I just hope there are no holes in itl.