Meals Under 500 Calories

Options

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I just eat standing up...I heard calories don't count then.....
  • chickenrider
    Options
    I just eat standing up...I heard calories don't count then.....

Oh how I wish this was true...I would never sit down again :)
  • chickenrider
    Options
    456523_10150910727881033_391753985_o.jpg

Breakfast in a cup: 289 calories

Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz) 2cal
    Cherry Tomatoes - Fresh, 2 tomato 8cal
    Eggs Scrambled - Scrambled, 2 Egg Scrambled 140cal
    Carrots - Baby, raw, 1 medium 4cal
    Kraft Singles - 2% Milk American Cheese Slices, 1 Slice 45cal
    Aldi Breakfast Best - Original Pork Sausage Patties, 1 cooked patties (54g) 90cal

The great thing is on a fast paced morning, this can be made in a microwave safe cup in the microwave. Put in the eggs, carrots and sausage, then microwave for one minute. Stir it all up and cut the sausage up, then add the tomatoes and the cheese, microwave for another minute and it is done! Tastes delicious. Sometimes I put salt and pepper on it, but not this morning.

Have a great day, I was discouraged at first but realize; people need ideas as I do as well. So, I will continue posting these ideas as they come. Hope you enjoy.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

2 large eggs scrambled using butter flavored Pam instead of butter (140 cal)
    1 slice of Healthy Life bread (35 cal)
    1 TBS of Peanut Butter (90 cal)

Total 265 cal and sated until snack time, and sometimes I forget my snack so obviously not getting hungry :)

Lunch:

Sandwich with 2 slices Healthy Life bread 2x35 (70 cal)
    1 can bumblebe tuna in water 5oz 100(cal)
    1.5 TBS Hellmans light mayo (67.5 cal)
    1 bag of Baked doritos (90 cal)

Total 327.5 cals
  • chickenrider
    Options
    Breakfast:

2 large eggs scrambled using butter flavored Pam instead of butter (140 cal)
    1 slice of Healthy Life bread (35 cal)
    1 TBS of Peanut Butter (90 cal)

Total 265 cal and sated until snack time, and sometimes I forget my snack so obviously not getting hungry :)

That breakfast sure sounds good, I will have to try that :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Soooo many things you can eat, baked potatos with various fillings....tuna, chicken, beans. You could have soup, stir fry's, chicken salads. I tend to think that its good to maximise calories if youre on a restrictive calorie diet...eat things that will be the most filling for longest...so loads of protein. You could eat a whole packet of stir fry vegetables with a chicken breast and some brown rice for less than 500 calories.

This morning I had a 2 egg omelette, with green beans and mushrooms and 2 slices of ham. Was amazing, and kept me going through my workout!
  • GeorgiaWin
    GeorgiaWin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A positive attitude gets it done and I appreciate yours and your willingness to share! Please don't let one bad attitude get to you. I was just going to start a topic like this when I found yours! Thank YOU!
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sirloin steak grilled, with green beans fried in 10g of coconut oil and mushrooms fried in 10g of salted butter. 350 calories.

yummy!! thanks! :smile:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    That might work for you, but it wouldn't even last me an hour. A body needs more than that. Anybody's body, including yours.:smile:
  • GeorgiaWin
    Options
    Can't find the-positive-place
  • GeorgiaWin
    Options
    My Lunch: 201 calories total

Daisy Brand - Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2% Small Curd, 1/2 cup (113.5g) 90cal
    Cherry Tomatoes - Fresh, 5 tomato 20 cal
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.75 cup, sliced 11 cal
    Jell-O (Jello) - Sugar Free Low Calorie Lemon-Lime Gelatin, 1 snack cup 10 cal
    Kroger String Cheese - Low Moistrue Part Skim Mozzarella Twists, 1 piece 70 cal

And that keeps you satisfied for how long until the gnawing in your stomach starts? And not how long by drowning it with water to make it longer.

What a horrible thing to say, why be so mean?!

This is exactly why I left this site before. I have lost 72 pounds so far and I enjoy the tools on this site, but sometimes the attitudes do not mesh well. I just figured we could all bounce ideas off of one another.

Feel free to join my group- I made it because the forums get so ugly. I rarely participate anymore. It's called the Positive Place. Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6100-the-positive-place

Can't find this group, but would really like to join!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    It's funny, my reaction was - all my meals are under 500 calories! I ate at a restaurant last night and had a big salad that was maybe 800 calories and felt so overstuffed after.

I'm not so sure calorie count is what accounts for a lot of my fullness. I was having steel cut oats for breakfast that were around 175 calories for the serving. I picked up some flax meal and added 2 t. per serving and found it gave me heartburn. So the next day I cut my portion of the oat/flax mix in half and found I wasn't hungry again until like 1pm, 5 hours later! So I did that all week and found the same thing. But this serving was only 106 calories, so it was much LESS than the original. I think it's the fat in the flax that keeps me more satisfied (and can give me heartburn, eggs do, too).

To the OP- Don't listen to the haters. This is a good blog. LOL, I mean thread.
  • chickenrider
    Options
    That might work for you, but it wouldn't even last me an hour. A body needs more than that. Anybody's body, including yours.:smile:

It works for me, and works for many. Especially a diabetic who has to eat 5/6 small meals a day to keep their sugar level at a manageable number. Not everyone is the same, this is for people 'wanting' to eat meals less than 500 calories. For me, I 'want' to eat meals with small amounts of calories, in order to maintain my sugar levels.

If it is not for you, then don't do it. But, don't assume everyone is the same either. These are ideas and suggestions....for those wanting to try them.
  • chickenrider
    Options

To the OP- Don't listen to the haters. This is a good blog. LOL, I mean thread.

This made me laugh :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

It works for me, and works for many. Especially a diabetic who has to eat 5/6 small meals a day to keep their sugar level at a manageable number. Not everyone is the same, this is for people 'wanting' to eat meals less than 500 calories. For me, I 'want' to eat meals with small amounts of calories, in order to maintain my sugar levels.

If it is not for you, then don't do it. But, don't assume everyone is the same either. These are ideas and suggestions....for those wanting to try them.

Take a chill pill. This would work for a snack for me, but certainly not a meal. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks. Semantics.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    458117_10150909307681033_1541770521_o.jpg

Not much protein there.

Cottage cheese and string cheese contains protein. Define "not much".
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

And that keeps you satisfied for how long until the gnawing in your stomach starts? And not how long by drowning it with water to make it longer.

Well, I ate at noon and that was over 3 hours ago and I am not hungry. I just wanted to start a blog to share meals under 500 calories for those of us on a very strict and low calorie count. Sometimes you have to get inventive and you need other ideas too.
    This isn't a blog...

I was not trying to make it into a blog, but I can see no matter what; the wrong impression is made from this forum. I was only trying to help others who needed ideas, including myself. Maybe if I do not post anything, the forum will just go away. I hope so, because this is to much drama from just trying to help gather ideas.

OP whatever you do, CONTINUE.

Ignore all those that continually gripe at you, because they are just not worth it. Some people think you have to stuff your face all day and do not understand that not everybody wants to live like that.

For what it's worth, I consider your brekkie very tasty looking and am going to try it myself xxx
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm with you!! Need variety.
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just made up some homemade chili from dry beans, and according to MFP is 75-80 cal a cup! There's no shortage of flavor in this thing, and it's filling!

Baked fish, with jasmine rice and veggies is another one you can fill up on without giving up much calories. I could eat a HUGE portion, and only spend a few hundred calories.

Hope These are helpful!