tofu

Options
who likes it? how do you eat it? any recipes? i bought some to make miso soup but i have alot left over and dont know what to do with it.

Replies

• kateleeweb
    Options
    I love tofu as it is so versatile and takes on the taste of whatever sauce you use. I typically use only firm tofu as it survives better in most dishes. One super easy way I use it is to add it to a non-sugar tomato sauce, add diced veggies such as sweet red peppers, grated carrots, and a leafy green veggie such as spinach or kale. I simmer this dish for about 7-10 minutes or until you have the desired tenderness of your veggies and then can pour it over pasta, quinoa, or other grains.
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I periodically use tofu. I had a half a block sitting around and no idea what to do with it so I took this recipe and halfed it just last night. Super yummy.
    http://whatgracecooked.blogspot.com/2012/02/meatless-mondays-tofu-falafel.html
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    buy an envelope for Korean BBQ at your local oriental store.
    Follow the direction for mixing it, let it marinate with tofu overnight.
    Normally the tofu is cubed to bite size pieces.

Add scallions & any other veggies you like, brown in a wok & serve.
    Tastes like steak, you'll never know the difference. ☺
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Hop on vegweb.com they have tons of recipes for every type of tofu. It does depend on whether you have silken, firm, or extra firm on what you can make. Tofu is so versatile, you will find more and more ideas of what can be made. Have fun discovering new recipes,
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mix together: soy sauce or tamari (2 tbsp) with some maple syrup or sugar (1 Tbsp) and water (2 tsp), add chopped garlic and ginger if you have it. Cut your tofu into cubes and marinate in this sauce for 30 minutes.

Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick pan. Fry tofu on medium-high heat, flipping to brown all sides.

Super easy and yummy! If you don't want to bother too much with the marinade, just use soy sauce and leave it at that.
  • verapamil
    verapamil Posts: 94
    Options
    I like to make tofu scramble for breakfast. I use soft (not silken) and mush it with a fork in a bowl till it looks kinda like scramble eggs. Put in a frying pan with mushrooms, onions, red peppers and spinach (and salt, pepper, garlic) and you have (almost) instant yummy-ness.