Excuses

Options
Sometimes i just laugh at myself when I catch myself coming up with some pretty lame excuses for not following my weightloss plan, like
''Well, I should eat this chip or it will just feel lonely in that empty bag all by itself''
''I can't really go jogging today, I just washed my hair''
''Wow, look at that hot girl, I'm totally motivated to look like that. OH LOOK, A PRETTY CAKE!''

I'm curious, what are some of your worst excuses? and what do you do to overcome them? :)

Replies

• lauralragsdale
    lauralragsdale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the "I can't workout because I already showered" thing too! But my biggest excuse, I think is used for food. It is "Holy crap! That was a bad day. The boys really put me through the wringer. Surely I deserve that _______ (insert whatever craving I'm having.)"
  • thefrahmers
    Options
    Hah, that's a good one. Sadly, I don't have any kids so I can't use that excuse ;)
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    No_Excuses.jpg
  • erikatoth
    erikatoth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Best thing for me, when i am facing these excuses or temptations is just to simply ask myself: "this is going to delay me. am I ok with that, yes or no?". Usually helps.

Not yesterday! I ate a lion peanut bar because for some weird reason, i am craving peanuts kike crazy. Only went 56 cals above my allowance, still!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Or, "well, I've already messed up my day, what's another brownie going to do??"

Though I am happy to report, that I did manage to combat that urge this week.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

''Wow, look at that hot girl, I'm totally motivated to look like that. OH LOOK, A PRETTY CAKE!''

LOL.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'll get an occasional it's too cold, too tired, I was up late, etc etc etc but I then remember having type II diabetes in the past, needing to take 5 different meds to control it, and now no longer have it so I stop making excuses and go.
  • Puppygirl29
    Options
    Most people do not exercise because they "don't have the time".
    Remember you are doing this for YOU. So NO MORE EXCUSES!
    If you can't "find the time" to exercise today, make sure you do so
    tomorrow. It takes time to create new habits and lose old ones.
    Make a plan and go for it! Good Luck!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Man! I just opened a pack of tims tams....if i eat them all now i can start fresh....
    Just a little more on my plate wont hurt.....
    Oh look only have 25 minutes...cant do my 20 minute jog.....
    I had a massive headache yesti so i wont gym again today....
    Ill start again tomorrow.....
    Its just quicker to get maccas!
    deep fried tastes better!
    But im still starving!!!!!!
    .........I have no room to workout!
    I was good today....opened packet number 5 of my tim tams and only ate two....one after lunch and one after dinner....not 5 at each meal. I didnt get maccas I baked me some potato.....im still hungry but have 74 calories left.....suck it up princess!! Your gut is full for the moment!
  • thefrahmers
    Options
    No_Excuses.jpg

haaah, that's perfect :D