Not going to sacrifice family time for exercise!

Options
So I've decided that if I'm consistent with my workouts during the week, I can "take off" weekends from my exercise program. However, on weekends it isn't uncommon for me and my husband to play a few hours of tennis on Saturday and Sunday. Plus, I walk my dog but I'm not going to do my cardio and strength training on Saturday or Sunday unless I missed a day during the week. My program allows for one day off, but really I'm taking off two days to have time with my husband. I'm not going to live to work out and exercise. I'm at a healthy weight but would like to drop some lbs and tone up. I'm taking the approach that this isn't going to happen overnight but I'm willing to go slowly over several months to get where I want to be. I've lived in the gym before and I always feel like I miss out on so much.

My goal for this week is to get up in the AM and do my workout program! That means getting up around 5 or 5:30, but I know if I can do it for a week, it will be easy. It's that first week that's the hardest.

I just don't want to be tied down and feel like I have to workout at the cost of spending quality time with family in friends.

Hope everyone is well :-)

Jenni

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    ...and that is the determination that will bring you to your goal.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I recently became a morning workout person as well. The first week is DEFINITELY the hardest. Just stick with it for those 5 days and it'll just become part of the routine - good luck!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    this journey is about creating a new life that you can stick to forever.

my children are poodles and when I have a limited amount of time to walk, I always take them to the off-leash dog park where I walk while they run and play. if my husband wants to walk, then I schedule my walk with him. only if I have a ton of time do I go off by myself.

you are so right on about your priorities:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: