w00t! chip free!

Options
Magenta15
Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
This is weekend #2 [possibly even 3, I wasn't really keeping track] that I have not gone and bought a bag of chips to binge on during the weekend.!!!! w00t. Saying i LOVE chips would be an understatement lol.

I have still been having tortilla chips and salsa once in a while - portioned... but it was def a habit for me to be good all week and then indulge in a whole bag of chips over the weekend or even a bag of chips and philly dill pickle dip! yum! lol

And after losing 30 [before MFP] and being plateaued there +/- a few fluxing pounds for almost a year, i am down 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks...

I am slightly addicted to this site, but for now that is a GOOD thing! It keeps me motivated. :smile:

Good luck to everyone who is on this journey...

PG:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Gratz! That's a huge step! And every week you go without them, it gets easier!!!!

I'm addicted to this site too, but it's better than being addicted to french bread, which is what I was addicted to before. :)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It's funny I can careless about chips. lol
  • Magenta15
    Options
    It's funny I can careless about chips. lol

LOL i love salty over sweet or both [like chocolate covered pretzels lol]

I too love french bread and brie! yum i almost picked up brie this weekend and went nope don't need it lol
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    did ya ever try the lays light potato chips? 20 chips are like 75 calories and made with olestra...they taste really good too! alot better than baked ones
  • Magenta15
    Options
    did ya ever try the lays light potato chips? 20 chips are like 75 calories and made with olestra...they taste really good too! alot better than baked ones

no haven't tried them, cuz the thing is they are not any better if I still eat the whole bag! lol
    when i really do crave chips and have to have them, I buy a single serving bag of whatever it is i am craving, that I only did once in the last 2 weeks, and they were sunchips, so not too terrible and worth all 260 cals! LOL
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    im right there wit cha'. but not for chips. my weakness is brownies. even though i do fix them using the lowfat recipe i still love chocolate and i have to fight the urge to fix them just to eat the chocolate mix.mmmmmmmm! writing about it makes me want to go and fix some now! im fighting:tongue:
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    first congrats! and second i'm a sick chip fiend as well. i don't know HOW you kicked that habit even for a couple days.

personal question: would you consider yourself a ill tempered person? or an angry personality?
    i read this article that people that are feeling angry, frustrated etc. usually crave crunchy foods like chips and carrots etc. i have to admit my temper flies off the handle over stupid things i should get a hold of myself over. but i am who i am and atleast i can admit my faults. just curious about your chip addiction.

.s.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    first congrats! and second i'm a sick chip fiend as well. i don't know HOW you kicked that habit even for a couple days.

personal question: would you consider yourself a ill tempered person? or an angry personality?
    i read this article that people that are feeling angry, frustrated etc. usually crave crunchy foods like chips and carrots etc. i have to admit my temper flies off the handle over stupid things i should get a hold of myself over. but i am who i am and atleast i can admit my faults. just curious about your chip addiction.

.s.

hmmmm interesting...
    no i wouldn't consider myself ill tempered or angry, im pretty easy going and bouncy at times,
    but i do get annoyed very easily when people do stupid things that I think just warrent a lil common sense LOL does that count?

I have just been finding other ways to curb my salty crunchy cravings...
    pickles,
    veggies and hummus
    taco salad with 1/2 serving of cruched tostitos and some salsa mixed in
    and i did have the sund chips the one day [ a single serving bag]
    but have stayed away from any large bags which iwould normally buy on a friday leaving work or during groceries on sat, and have gone by sunday...

i just don't bring the stuff in the house and if i am craving it bad enough i have to get off my *kitten* and go get it :) [and usually ive been running around all day and once i am home im too lazy to do that! lol] that hard part is having a convenience store right next to my work and not running over there all the time for drinks or snacks or slushies! lol [which i haven't other than for water :smile: ]

PG:flowerforyou:
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i'm so glad you didn't take offense to my question, it wasn't meant to be taken in a negative way, so cool that you answered! it was just something i read in dr. oz's "you on a diet" book. i thought about it and laughed when i put my temper and my chip habit together.

I agree with the philosophy of, "if you're gonna beat yourself up about eating it later, THEN DON'T BRING IT IN THE HOUSE". so right on! but i'm sure it's a challenge to walk next door to your work, it's like the ad slogan "once you pop, you just can't stop" damn them pringles chips. still the gratification of knowing you won that battle must feel good.

I eat the lay's baked chips, they're a lil better, but like you said a WHOLE BAG isn't. i only buy the flavors i get sick of after the first few so i'm not tempted to go back and forth and munch on them all day. the only chips i absolutely CANNOT resist are the "flaming funyuns" hahaha i swear there's crack in them. i'm starting to apply the philosophy "with moderation" in a lot of aspects of my life, including my diet and my temper. haha.

i wish you luck with the chip addiction. and if you fall off the horse, atleast i'll understand where you're coming from.

.stephanie.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    still going chip free lol

but WTF:noway: is a flaming funyun????? :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!