exercise calories ... question?

Options

Replies

• kmiagia
    kmiagia Posts: 104
    Options
    i'm going to look into getting a hrm. thanks:) so whenever i go to the gym, i'll log the calories burned on each machine and than come home and log them in, correct? i'm not sure if i trust mfp with their exercise selections.. i'm thinking of going with the machines till i can get the monitor
  • kassivaladez
    Options
    heart rate monitor
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ugh yes. i get full super fast and i'll be bloated just from eating an apple with some peanut butter (weird)
    it's somewhat difficult for me to eat my daily goal, 1500. i feel stuffed by the end of the day, i just can't imagine having to add in an extra 300 or so.

Amen to that. Today the fricken site wants me to eat and extra 870 calories because of my walk from earlier. Hell-to-the-NO! Right now I view going over 2000-2200 calories a day being a failure to some extent because it means I have had too much dense food somewhere now that my stomach has contracted a bit. My breakfast is about 250-375 calories and keeps me full for 3-4 hours when I have my first 'tween meal of the day.

If I need some extra calories though, I will add it majority as protein. Especially if I am strength training.
  • kmiagia
    Options
    ugh yes. i get full super fast and i'll be bloated just from eating an apple with some peanut butter (weird)
    it's somewhat difficult for me to eat my daily goal, 1500. i feel stuffed by the end of the day, i just can't imagine having to add in an extra 300 or so.

Amen to that. Today the fricken site wants me to eat and extra 870 calories because of my walk from earlier. Hell-to-the-NO! Right now I view going over 2000-2200 calories a day being a failure to some extent because it means I have had too much dense food somewhere now that my stomach has contracted a bit. My breakfast is about 250-375 calories and keeps me full for 3-4 hours when I have my first 'tween meal of the day.

If I need some extra calories though, I will add it majority as protein. Especially if I am strength training.

yup!! i'm not always sure what to eat, i find it impossible trying to eat back 300 calories in vegetables or chicken..... its sad but sometimes i just wish some foods were higher in calories, lol
  • belinus
    Options
    yup!! i'm not always sure what to eat, i find it impossible trying to eat back 300 calories in vegetables or chicken..... its sad but sometimes i just wish some foods were higher in calories, lol

I look at it as a chance to indulge in something I might not normally be able to have. Like I wanted to have a little treat so I grabbed one of my Kashi granola bars and snacked on it. Adding that put me over 1800 calories net which is my comfort zone so I don't feel like I am binging and not feeling like I'm starving myself too.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmiagia
    Options

I look at it as a chance to indulge in something I might not normally be able to have. Like I wanted to have a little treat so I grabbed one of my Kashi granola bars and snacked on it. Adding that put me over 1800 calories net which is my comfort zone so I don't feel like I am binging and not feeling like I'm starving myself too.

mm definitely. thats around when i'll have that not-the-best-but-not-the-worst meal lmfao
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    So I have my food diary open. Can someone please go see what I have been doing. I am losing weight...but I am worried I am not doing it right. I have a very low net calories by the end of the day. I work out two or three times a day. I have been counting the food I ate.. not the net cals. Sometimes they are really low. Is that okay???

can't see your diary, not open.... From what you are saying it does not sound ok....
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    almonds, or any nut for that matter. High in good fats and calories, In small packages. They are your friend if your trying to get some cals in, in a healthy way. Put them in a salad, mix with fruit, or just eat them. But they can help you get some energy back to your body.
  • belinus
    Options
    almonds, or any nut for that matter. High in good fats and calories, In small packages. They are your friend if your trying to get some cals in, in a healthy way. Put them in a salad, mix with fruit, or just eat them. But they can help you get some energy back to your body.

Yeah. The ironic thing was when I was shopping for Almonds the other day, the Dark Cocoa ones from Emerald were better overall than Kroger brand plain Almonds.
  • kmiagia
    Options

Yeah. The ironic thing was when I was shopping for Almonds the other day, the Dark Cocoa ones from Emerald were better overall than Kroger brand plain Almonds.

i still have to try the dark cocoa ones. i looked at them the other day and was like ehh, maybe later. but i love almonds, peanut butter, almond butter, basically any nut butter. ohhh and avocado is great too :D
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I hear the best way to burn fat is cardio first thing when you wake before eating anything. This forces your body to burn fat as energy to fuel your cardio session. Don't worry about eating back your calories after that morning cardio because chances are it will go towards your BMR rather than immediately going back to to replace the fat you just burned. If you did your cardio an 2 hours after your dinner, you'd be burning what you ate rather than the stored energy in your body, wether it's glucose store or fat.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    You could very easily use up those calories with a post workout protein shake. 150-200 for the protein alone, add a banana and some milk and waaahlaaaa!
  • belinus
    Options
    You could very easily use up those calories with a post workout protein shake. 150-200 for the protein alone, add a banana and some milk and waaahlaaaa!

200 calories from protein may be too much at least in one shake. If your body cant use it, it'll get stored as fat.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    as long as you consume your minimum calories for the day, you don't have to eat back all that you work off. the system is set up to start you off with a defecit and if you work off more then that is even better for you.

wrong......it starts you up with a deficit so you lose weight w/o exercise. You should eat back your calories burned.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting out of bed to check but whatever the serving is for a scoop has to be well over 100 'cals. Best of my recollection- for flavored kind was at least 150.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

200 calories from protein may be too much at least in one shake. If your body cant use it, it'll get stored as fat.

it takes about 3500 calories in surplus to add one pound of fat. I don't think that 200 after the workout with be stored as fat, since you just burned about that, depending on what you did.
  • kmiagia
    Options
    I hear the best way to burn fat is cardio first thing when you wake before eating anything. This forces your body to burn fat as energy to fuel your cardio session. Don't worry about eating back your calories after that morning cardio because chances are it will go towards your BMR rather than immediately going back to to replace the fat you just burned. If you did your cardio an 2 hours after your dinner, you'd be burning what you ate rather than the stored energy in your body, wether it's glucose store or fat.

so guys, to log or not to log? this is very confusing! lmao
  • kmiagia
    Options
    this is still confusing, i'm not sure if i should count it or not!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Um maybe try eating different foods?