What if I feel full already?

Options
I've read, many times, that you need to make sure that you're eating all of your calories on any given day. What do you do if you have 400 or 500 calories left but feel full? The last few nights I've had between 400 and 600 calories left over, but I feel sated. In fact, when I've tried to eat more I've had to stop because I started to feel sick. After I finish a meal, be it lunch or breakfast it's the same way, I just can't eat anymore. I don't want to force myself and yet I want to be sure that I'm not harming myself at the same time. I'm not sure what to do.

Replies

• tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If you feel full, stop eating. Don't worry about what people say to do. Listen to your body. Listen.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    What are your total calories at? maybe you need to adjust them to suit your body - if you're full don't force yourself! :)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I feel like that too about once or twice a week...especially when I ate a good amount of protein. As long as I get 1000 calories I tend not to worry.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Don't eat if ur full, pretty simple Lol (:
  • QuestForFitness
    Options
    This. Despite science, despite trends, your body is YOUR body. Forever and ever amen. If you go around saying "oooooh i want to be under so I'm going to avoid this!" that's one thing, but if you're saying "hey i'm full and i really dont feel like eating" then that's your body's way of callin' it quits
  • shane9894
    shane9894 Posts: 23
    Options
    When dieting it's natural for your stomach to feel like it shrinks and as you loose weight your calorie intake should also go down. I wouldn't push yourself past what feels full but you may try throwing in a snack or two hear and there through out the day if your not already "snacking" so that your body has plenty of fuel to burn throughout the day and to ensure you don't start burning muscle instead of fat. 100 calorie snacks, protein shakes, pistachio's (or just about any other form of nut), things like that are ideal as they are providing the nutrition you need and not overly heavy in overall calories if you stick to the serving amounts. If you have these in between your major meals you will close that calorie gap. I go through the same thing where my meal serving size decreases because I don't feel hungry and I get the gaps in calorie intake, and it never fails I will actually start seeing a decrease in weight loss. I bump up the snacks to offset the gap and my weight loss rate goes back to normal.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    This happens to me often on my running days. I burn so many calories on a long run that I have to eat a fair amount to net the 1200 that is recommended. But for me I just listen to my body. If I am hungry I eat, if I am not hungry I do not eat. But it is not just that day that matters, it is also about how you feel the next day. If you are waking up sluggish and feeling poor, you probably had to eat more the day before. You'll find a number that works for you.