• raeraeti
    raeraeti Posts: 108
    Options
    It's not the end of the world. Here's how to handle it:

1) Accept the fact it happened
    2) Let it Go
    3) Continue on as normal

Well said.
    If I had a freak out everytime I binged, I would end up starving myself for a few days, then binging, then feeling guilty and than crash dieting (aka starving) over and over. That's what I did when i first realized I had to loose weight, and I actually GAINED 10 more lbs.

This way is the way to go!^^^
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I feel for you...I had a really, really, really bad food day. I feel horrible about it, but I'm trying to just accept that I did it and start over, right now. Not tomorrow, but right now. I feel like I've set myself back by six weeks....all I can do now is learn from it and move on. I can't undo what I've done but I can try to remember how horrible I feel about it now so that next time I might not do so badly.

Hope you feel better and hope you are back on track now. Don't give up. We can do this!!!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Forget it, I've eaten 4 doughnuts before work, it happens, what did you gain out of it.... They tasted nice lol, if they didn't we'd all be thin, try not to beat yourself up over it.

Read my blog, you'll feel better, x

PEACE

A diet is a life choice not life sentence, so don't punish yourself.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    i've found every once and a while "binging" as you called it is okay, i had a weekend where i ate nothing but crap after weeks of eating well. i was panicking didn't want to get on the scale and when i did i found that i had actually LOST 3 pounds. splurging every once and a while will not derail you. don't stress and try not to beat yourself up.

EXACTLY !!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Reward..for what?? a clean week.....you can't think like that unless you aren't trying to lose weight.

It's like a cheat day....doesn't work.

It's a live and learn....next time you will know better!!

I have several friends who have gotten results while having cheat days. I do however, agree with the last line of your post. OP, it's one time. One time will not hurt you. Log it and move along.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    You may, you may not - the overall average for the week will give you a better idea than just asking if it's going to affect you.

Remember that we ALL screw up sometimes. I'm just over 600 calories over what I should be today - but I was also 500 under a few days ago. It all balances out in the long run, as long as you're not eating 7 brownies EVERY day.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Your hitting the gym...drink your water as well.
    Move on you'll be fine!!!
    Wish much success to you!
  • xuashe
    xuashe Posts: 46
    Options
    You're not a dog.
    Don't reward yourself with food.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Now I want brownies......
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You're not a dog.
    Don't reward yourself with food.

I like that...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It's not the end of the world. Here's how to handle it:

1) Accept the fact it happened
    2) Let it Go
    3) Continue on as normal

Eating 7 brownies at one time is not a major set-back. If you kept doing it over and over then you'd have a problem. Weight loss isn't some strict test or formula that is inflexible and one slip up becomes certain doom. Allow yourself to indulge every now and then.

The fact you had a "clean week" makes this little indulgence even more of a non-issue so don't beat yourself up for it.

I would post, but this guy said everything I wanted to say about it, so I'll just quote it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Probably not a good idea to eat 7 brownies at once. One or Two might be more reasonable. But will you gain all your weight back overnight - doubtful. Drink a lot of water, get a nice workout tomorrow and move on.

Next time send me one of those brownies so you don't eat them all! :laugh:
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    I ate 6 brownies the other day and woke up to see I had lost a pound the next morning...:laugh:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Reward..for what?? a clean week.....you can't think like that unless you aren't trying to lose weight.

It's like a cheat day....doesn't work.

It's a live and learn....next time you will know better!!

^^^Agree^^^ the reward for a good week is weight loss, positive body change and feeling better both physically and mentally.
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    In one night, you'll be fine. If they're still in your house though, throw them out so you don't eat anymore tomorrow!!
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    Please don't punish yourself with over exercising because you ate one too many brownies, or too much of anything. It can turn into a dangerous habit. Having too much to eat every now and then isn't going to make you gain a lot of weight or any weight. Food that is out of your safe zone won't make you gain a lot of weight back.

Remind yourself that you are okay and things are okay. Weight does not equal happiness. You aren't a failure even if you did gain weight back.

You're okay, things are okay. Don't worry. Please don't punish yourself because you ate more than you wanted.
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Shake it off! Throw the rest of the brownies out & move on :) I get my chocolate/brownie fix with the fiber one peanut butter brownies! Only 90 calories but, I wouldn't suggest having 7 in one day...lol. Unless you want to spend the whole night on the toilet (gross I know but, it's true...lol)
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    We have all done it! Don't beat yourself up over it, it's not worth the stress! Move on, tomorrow is a new day!!!

Oh, and as another poster said...feel free to send one of those my way, that way there are less for you! ;-)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :huh: i ate a whole small pizza, chicken strips, and dissert and thats just today, 7 brownies? dont worrie youll be fine:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Looks like everytime I am near brownies I binge..if 7 is considered binging!

I eat at least a half a pan of brownies by myself..