The Movers & The Shakers - Week 4

Options
Good Morning Everyone and Happy Week 4! :smile:

I hope everyone had a great weekend! If you have not already let us know the results of last week's challenge in the last thread, please let us know here so that you can see your results with everyone else's once the chart is made.

So, as we know, it's Monday, so that means it's time for a new challenge: :bigsmile:

WEEK 4 CHALLENGE: Choose a new exercise and do it 5 times this week. (It can be a new fitness machine, or maybe squats or lunges) The choice is yours as to what you would like it to be.

And don't forget to let us know how you do with the new challenge! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ok. So this week was difficult for me. With my work schedule and long commute it is really hard for me to eat dinner before 8pm some nights. And on weekends it seems even harder not to eat late.
    I did fairly well Mon-Wed not eating later than 8pm and going to bed after 10pm. But Thurs-Sun were utter failures, last night we ate dinner at 9pm! My issue doesn't seem to be late night snacking which I only do once in a while, but just finding enough hours in the day to avoid eating so close to bedtime :grumble:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this week. I'm not sure what exercise it is going to be. I want to choose something I can do outside of the gym since I probably will only be able to make it to the gym a few times this week. Any suggestions? It would have to be something fairly creative to be something I haven't done before.

• ssvoboda2
    Options
    I fell off the wagon last week, it was a disaster. It was the first time since I joined MFP that it had happened. I did not even track my foods.... This week is a new week and I am determined to make it a good one! 5 weeks before my 10 yr high school reunion!
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok. So this week was difficult for me. With my work schedule and long commute it is really hard for me to eat dinner before 8pm some nights. And on weekends it seems even harder not to eat late.
    I did fairly well Mon-Wed not eating later than 8pm and going to bed after 10pm. But Thurs-Sun were utter failures, last night we ate dinner at 9pm! My issue doesn't seem to be late night snacking which I only do once in a while, but just finding enough hours in the day to avoid eating so close to bedtime :grumble:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this week. I'm not sure what exercise it is going to be. I want to choose something I can do outside of the gym since I probably will only be able to make it to the gym a few times this week. Any suggestions? It would have to be something fairly creative to be something I haven't done before.

I could use some suggestions as well, on a new exercise activity for the week. I have been doing p90x for the past 9 weeks and its very regemented(?) so I could use a little help with this one.
    I did great last week no late night snacking for me, I almost broke last night when my hubby and I were watching tv I was so craving popcorn, but I didnt give in. :happy:
  • KatWood
    Options
    Ok so I have been doing some research and I have decided to try clap push ups. I will try to do them every day this week and I will track how many I can do, as well as how many times I don't get my hands back in time and fall flat on my face:laugh:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I will come up with some suggestions of exercises thru the day and then post them on here tonight. I was just thinking more about the challenge. Maybe it should be an exercise that you have not done in the last year. It doesn't have to be something that you have NEVER done before. Just something that is not part of your regular routine. This way we may try something new and really enjoy it. It could add a little something to our routines.

KatWood - You are much braver than I. I would NEVER :noway: try the clap push ups :laugh: I KNOW i would just hurt myself LOL :blushing:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Well, we're back home. ACDC was awesome. Very loud, very awesome! I did good all week with no night snacking, except for last night. I almost passed out during Angus's solo (too hot and all that standing), so I sat for the few minutes they were off stage before coming back out for their encore. We managed to hit the first shuttle back to our hotel, so that was nice, but I just wasn't feeling good. I ended up getting a tollhouse chocolate cookie ice cream sandwich. Between that and a nice shower (the guy behind me sprayed me with sweat every time he swung his arms or head or whatever :sick: ) I felt much better. I was kinda thinking it was the fact that I only had a salad for dinner at 5:30 and the concert wasn't over til 11. So, I messed up one night out of the week. Not too bad.

I'm kinda thinking that I am going to do planks for my exercise this week. I used to do them a lot, and I'd like to start up again.

Hope everybody has a good week!
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I didn't participate last week, on purpose. But I rarely eat after 7 pm. If I eat too late, I tend to get heartburn, so I avoid it.

For this week, I am also going to do the plank. I will start off with holding for 30 seconds, twice. And maybe by the end of the week, I will try and hold it for a minute each.
    I have done the plank before, and I hate it. But I have always heard it is the best ab exercise out there, and that is what I'm focusing on right now -- building that core strength.
    So that is the challenge for me -- doing an exercise I hate, but know is effective. I guess I can take a minute or two out of my day to do something I don't enjoy -- won't kill me!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon last week, it was a disaster. It was the first time since I joined MFP that it had happened. I did not even track my foods.... This week is a new week and I am determined to make it a good one! 5 weeks before my 10 yr high school reunion!

Today is a new day. You can do this. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Last week was good for me, I do not usually eat after 7pm anyway. So, I was able to keep with it all week.
    This week's challenge is a little different. I am doing P90X, so I am doing all sorts of different exercises and not sure what I can do that I have not done for the last year. I will see if I can figure something out.
    Have a great week everyone. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry that I haven't gotten the results up for last week yet. I ended up sleeping all Monday evening and my uncle passed away yesterday :cry: so I spent the evening at my parents. But, I will get them done tonight. I apologize for the wait.

As for my exercises.... I chose to do planks, but I haven't done them yet :ohwell: so, I must also start them tonight and make sure to do them everyday now.

How is everyone else doing with the challenge this week?

Hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your uncle sjmay. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers today.

I'm with you on putting off the planks. I just have not been motivated since Friday. I forgot to pack my shoes when we went downstate, and now that we're back, I'm just still feeling lazy. Guess I can't put it off any more though, can I?
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    hi everyone i am back on ready to get on track again. i had to go out of state for business so that sidetracked things for a little while but i am happy to see everyone on here and get back to working out. i apparently developed vertigo while i was gone so i am having some problems with that. i am trying to take this week easy until i am feeling a little better but i think i am going to try and see what is do-able. as long as i dont fall over i think everything will be fine lol ! so the challenge for this week us just a new excercise 5 times a week?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good for you Crystal, working out even when you do not feel like it. That is the hardest part for most people. Once you start, you will thank yourself. You just start feeling better right away. Keep up the great work. Here is to working out without falling over and hurting yourself. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    sjmay, it is completely understandable that you have not been on for the last couple of days. I am sorry to hear about your Uncle. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Just to let you know that exercising will help you out with your grieving. It will help you out tremendously. Take all the time you need to grieve, just remember to get that exercise in. Hang in there.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Where is everyone today???
  • WINEYINVA
    Options
    busy!!! countdown to school and all plus trying to figure out my exercise for the week, and its wednesday already. I am such a slacker. help!!:cry:
  • WINEYINVA
    Options
    sjmay, it is completely understandable that you have not been on for the last couple of days. I am sorry to hear about your Uncle. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Just to let you know that exercising will help you out with your grieving. It will help you out tremendously. Take all the time you need to grieve, just remember to get that exercise in. Hang in there.

what she said. really sorry to hear about your uncle
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm also sorry to hear about your uncle, sjmay.

2 plank days down -- 3 to go. I still hate the plank.
  • sjmay
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Your kindness is greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou:

Through my last grieving process I ended up eating a lot. This time I am running it off. I can't believe how different it seems like my life is now.

So, I tried the planks last night for the first time. I had always heard they were hard, but WOW! :noway: I didn't think they'd be anything like they are! :laugh: But, it is now an exercise that I want to make sure I do a lot of, because I can tell that I will definietly benefit from it!

I started week 4 of c25k this morning. I couldn't believe myself! I can jog 5 mins straight! And only weeks ago, I could barely make it the 1 min.:laugh: And I bet I looked like such a fool too, b/c once I hit the 4 min mark I was grinning like an idiot:bigsmile: I was just so proud of myself that I could do it!

Hope everyone has a great day! Don't forget to keep up on the water :drinker:
  • KatWood
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Your kindness is greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou:

Through my last grieving process I ended up eating a lot. This time I am running it off. I can't believe how different it seems like my life is now.

So, I tried the planks last night for the first time. I had always heard they were hard, but WOW! :noway: I didn't think they'd be anything like they are! :laugh: But, it is now an exercise that I want to make sure I do a lot of, because I can tell that I will definietly benefit from it!

I started week 4 of c25k this morning. I couldn't believe myself! I can jog 5 mins straight! And only weeks ago, I could barely make it the 1 min.:laugh: And I bet I looked like such a fool too, b/c once I hit the 4 min mark I was grinning like an idiot:bigsmile: I was just so proud of myself that I could do it!

Hope everyone has a great day! Don't forget to keep up on the water :drinker:

Sorry about your uncle. Death always puts things into perspective eh? Reminds you how precious time is.

Congrats the week 4 of c25k. I have done the program and it is amazing how quickly your running improves. I have a 1/2 marathon in Oct, and it wasn't that long ago that even the thought of running made me tired :laugh:

So I have tried the clap push ups. I figured for sure I could do at least 1 or 2 on my toes. They didn't look too hard. I thought the hardest part would be getting my hands back in place in time not to land on my face!:laugh: Boy was I wrong. The hardest part is just pushing your body up far enough to be able to get your hands in to clap in the first place. I can't do any on my toes! I did 3 on my knees but it was hard and the carpet hurt my knees. I have found the best place for me to do them is on the stairs where I have some added leverage. However, I have whacked my head off a step a few times doing them. My plan is to keep doing them on the stairs but to also keep trying to improve enough to eventually do one on my toes.:happy: