Zero wisdom teeth

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
Someone posted a thread about having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. I didn't want to hijack her thread so....

Anyone else not have wisdom teeth? Like as in never did? I didn't have any. X-rays show that they just didn't exist. Are there any other freaks of nature out there that didn't have them?

I always say I was just wise enough not to grow them.
I just wonder how common it is.

Replies

• lilrette
    lilrette Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My brother didn't have any! You are lucky!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I had only 3 wisdom teeth. My mother also had only 3 wisdom teeth. All 5 of my children had 4 wisdom teeth, though. My daughter in law, at last count, had 9 wisdom teeth! And no, that's not a typo, that's NINE WISDOM TEETH in that young lady! They just kept coming! She is quite smart, but that was ridiculous. I guess you can count yourself lucky that you didn't have to undergo the surgery to remove yours, since you were born with none. I won't ask your age, but if you are still in your early 20s, on rare occasion they do crop up.
  • Chasinadream
    Chasinadream Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't have any either and 3 baby teeth still in my mouth...I'm 36...lol!!! They just never grew in, so I am also a strange one! I'm not sad about not having wisdom teeth at all! :)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    When my son went in to get his xrays for his braces his ortho noticed that he had "missing" teeth - meaning he had the baby teeth but there was no adult tooth under the surface. He had missing teeth on one side and extra teeth on the other. LOL

I do think it's not that uncommon to have missing or extra teeth. Although I did call my son an alligator for the longest time. LOL
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have none... i actually still have 2 baby teeth in my mouth and my dentist said that I prob wont ever get my wisdom teeth because there is no room in the back of my mouth
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    Someone posted a thread about having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. I didn't want to hijack her thread so....

Anyone else not have wisdom teeth? Like as in never did? I didn't have any. X-rays show that they just didn't exist. Are there any other freaks of nature out there that didn't have them?

Me neither, never had them. I like to think that I'm quite a wise old bird anyway though!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had 2 wisdom teeth. The weird one for me is I lost my Front teeth twice, and they grew back ... Lucky, I would have been one odd looking chick
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    hmm i have them, but mine fit in my mouth and never hurt when they grew either, so im guessing thats like having none..... because most people are always complaining about the pain they get and have them taken out....
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My husband only had two and they never erupted. I had all four removed, my mom still has all four of hers. I wonder how many my kids will have. So far, they seem like they have my teeth, which is good, because mine are naturally straight. Apparently, my husband had awful teeth before he got braces. We like to joke that braces are a lie!
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My teeth were growing in crooked because there was no room for them to come in, and had to be removed . My dentist said that it's interesting that our jaws are getting smaller and there are people now who don't even have wisdom teeth growing in
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I knew a family growing up that had 3 sets of teeth. They would lose two complete sets of teeth as children. *que banjo music*
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I had 5 wisdom teeth. All impacted. Caused my teeth to shift (but have mostly gone back to normal without the use of braces, aside from one front tooth at the bottom). Also caused severe damage to my two lower outer molars and they had to be removed a few years later.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    hmm i have them, but mine fit in my mouth and never hurt when they grew either,
    Same here. Mine grew in and only hurt when I was biting the gum on top of them. Once they came in fully it was no problem. I've asked several dentists about them and they just say my mouth is plenty big enough for them. Just make sure and brush them well. I don't know the horror of having 4 teeth pulled at once either.
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I knew a family growing up that had 3 sets of teeth. They would lose two complete sets of teeth as children. *que banjo music*

That would be expensive for the tooth fairy!

I have wisdom teeth on the bottom 1 each side but none on the top, x-rays showed they were missing.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I had to get two removed that had grown in, and two cut out. My sister doesn't have any though, and still has baby teeth.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

I only had one and X-rays showed I didn't have the other three
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I had an X- ray done and I do not have any wisdom teeth either. They never formed.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I only had top ones, and I was so fortunate that when they did need to come out, they were far enough along to just be extracted regularly. No impaction or anything like that.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I've never had them removed. Don't know if I have them or not. I'll assume no.